Where to stay in Seattle

a1moty

Just came back from Seattle -

The Courtyard Marriott in Lake Union is not walking distance but they do offer free shuttle service to Pike Market and several locations (Space Needle, and possible the Pier and Pioneer Square). The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean and comfortable.

It was only about a ten or 15 minute drive depending on traffic.

If you have a day and want to take a tour of Seattle I cannot recommend the "Ride the Duck" tour enough. It is a laugh a minute. I am sure they cover almost the same as Grey Line would but with a sense of humor - and the vehicles float so the waterfront portion is special - you get to see the "Sleepless in Seattle" house.

We stayed at the Renaissance Seattle in June, and LOVED EVERY MINUTE. The beds were heavenly, the check-in quick and courteous, the bar staff phenomenal, especially Henry, the bartender. Very funny and fast. Check on tripadvisor.com, that might help you decide where to stay. It is about a 6-7 block walk to Pike Mkt., downhill to get there; when coming back, walk up Union St., the hill is alot less.

I wouldn't consider staying in Seattle anywhere except for the Hotel Monaco. It's a boutique style hotel with super comfortable beds, a local wine and beer tasting nightly, and is pet friendly. Even if you don't bring your pet they will deliver a goldfish to your room, name included, to keep you from getting lonely. It's an easy walk to Pike's Market and other downtown sites. There is a wide array of wonderful restaurants in the area so you don't have to take a taxi anywhere. They have the most helpful front desk and bell staff I have encountered at any hotel around the world. I'll be staying there again next week!

http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

Desert Nurse - glad to see that someone else love the Monaco like I do...it's my favorite in any city where there is one! Kimpton is masterful..

However, on this trip we used Hilton Points in Seattle and really enjoyed the Seattle Hilton. They also have local wine and beer in the evening in a suite overlooking the harbor. We had a west facing (harbor view room) and watched a couple of cruise ships come in early in the morning...no complaints!

We used Priceline for "Seattle Downtown" and got the Westin on 5th Avenue, an easy walk to Pike's. Of course there's no guarantee which hotel you'll get, but I suspect all of the downtown hotels are close.

And I second the recommendation for the "Ride the Duck" tour. It cost $25 and was a lot of fun. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be having batting practice at the Mariners stadium. ;)

We stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront in 2003. The hotel was brand new, just down the street from the cruiseship piers, and within walking distance of Pike's Market. We took a trolley around Seattle, which stopped very close to the hotel. We used Marriott points for a free 3-night stay.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/SEAWF

We stayed at the Seattle Grand Hyatt. It was fantastic and they had a great military rate. (they double checked my military ID when checking in...so don't forget to bring it.) Great location, near by shopping, great views and a few steps from Vons...the martini nirvana.

We also stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront... the rooms are nice and each room has a very small balcony. My husband took a chair and sat out and read in the late afternoon bit there wasn't room for me to sit out there. It was nice, though, to be able to open a sliding glass door and breath some fresh air. The walk to Pike's Market was maybe 15 minutes... we walked along the waterfront and it was very pleasant. We ate at a fish restaurant across from the hotel, along the water. The weather was warm so we sat outside... can't get much better than that!

Hey, we are in Seattle now, leaving for our cruise today. We stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn, Lake Union (near the Mariott listed above.)This was recommended a lot. It is clean, nice rooms, free breakfast, and free shuttles downtown, space needle, dock etc. It has been a great choice for us.

We stayed at a lovely B&B on Capitol Hill for three nights before our June cruise. We used Shuttle Express to take us from the airport to the B&B. Very quickly we learned the bus route to take us to the downtown area. It was a most interesting area and only about 7-10 minutes on the bus. After our cruise we spent one night at the Hampton Inn (two bed suite for the two couples) and again used Shuttle Express to transport us to the airport. We used a taxi to go to pier 30 for HAL. We had a delightful time and I can strongly recommend the B&B and Hampton Inn.

11thavenueinn.com

Here's another vote for the Renaissance. We stayed there this past June, for 2 nights pre-cruise. A wonderful staff, friendly courteous service, helpful information for every question...our group of 17 enjoyed our stay.

Most of us booked early, through PriceLine with a bid of around $70 for a king bed, nonsmoking room.

Nice rooms, comfortable lobby, convenient to many attractions. And it is in the "Free Zone" for the bus line.

I wish we were going again!

We were in Seattle for 2 days at the end of May. We stayed at the Hotel Edgewater. The rooms were great and the beds very comfortable. This hotel has a little history behind it. It is the only Seattle hotel built on a pier. Elvis and the Beatles stayed there. It was very comfortable and was within walking distance of everything we had time to do.

We were on the Norwegian Star last month. It was our first cruise, so we splurged and stayed at the Edgewater the night before. It was quite expensive for us compared to our more usual Marriott Courtyards, but I loved it. We had a room with a balcony (I think they called it a junior suite) and it was very nice. It was a pleasant area to walk around in, with several restaurants nearby, and they also had a free shuttle to take you anywhere else around town. We got up early to watch the Star come in. The view was great and, along with lots of pictures from the balcony, I have one picture from inside the room with the Star looking like it was docked right outside our room.:)

The hotel had a transfer service where they picked up our bags from our room and the next time we saw them they were in our cabin. We walked from the hotel to the pier, and the total time for us to get from our hotel room, to the pier, through checkin, and into our cabin was thirty minutes.

Archived