Opinions on hotels - Ft Lauderdale

dfa1

Darlene, with your luck, any chance you would be willing to book my next cruise for me? :D

:D :D :D

Luck? Just really, really good planning! Heehee!

Darlene

April 2006 DH and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for $155.00 a night. Room was good size and certainly was clean. We booked last October and we didn't really want to pay that much but since I work long hours I was just happy to get a room and be done with it and not have to worry about doing lots and lots of research and/or bidding on Priceline.

We stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club just this last March. We paid $99.00 per nite. We had a garden room overlooking the harbor. The main tower was still closed due to hurricane damage.

The tower has a view of the port.

All of our previous cruises have been out of Miami, so this will be our first out of Ft Lauderdale.

These boards have been SO helpful in eliminating many options. Since we are basically looking for overnight lodging only, I'm not looking to may for than $100-120 per night, so I have narrowed the choices to four:

Extended Stay America on 17'th

Holiday Inn Express at the port

Comfort Suites on Federal Hwy

Amerisuites on 17'th

I made these selections based primarily on the comments I've read here on location, cleanliness, and accomodations.

I am open to your opinions.

Just for fun, I would check the Sleep Inn in Dania, FL. We've stayed there before for our post cruise in 2004 and it was just fine for an overnight stay. We've booked again for this Oct at a rate of $71.99 (Oct 13) through the website mentioned in the following post (see the thread Sleep Inn Ft lauderdale). It's got great reviews on these boards too! If you can't find it, let me know.

Will be staying there pre-cruise on July 21 and I will post my impressions when I return. I had a free night booked at the Amerisuites but the overwhelming negative reviews on several sites made me decide to cancel and use my Hyatt Gold Points elsewhere. We really wanted the Embassy Suites on 17th where we stayed last time but it was not available. Good to know the Sleep Inn is convenient to a Publix.

I have reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood/Airport in September. Getting AAA rate of $89. Anyone have any opinions on this hotel?

Thanks

The Garden Inn is fairly new. I have stayed at these hotels in other cities, they are the same and are very nice. The 89.00 is a good rate.

I don't know a lot about the location in Ft. Lauderdale, but you can check with the hotel itself about dining options.

All Hilton Inns have a small dining room and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is available. There is a very small bar in the dining area.

When all is said and done, and having already booked an expensive cruise, airfare, and then to quibble over a hotel price just started to seem pretty unnecessary to us. We opted for comfort and security of the reviews given here and elsewhere.

I would have to say that I agree with this statement. Finding a nice place to stay has made me a bit nervous.

I have already made reservations at the Comfort Inn, but after reading all the negative reviews here and on other sights, I think I'll opt for the Holiday Inn. May as well start the vaction off right.

Archived