Wine (Box)

Kcarp

I have found the white sangria at a Super Target. I'm planning to bring one of the small cubes on our cruise. You all seem to be packing it in your checked luggage.....is there a problem with putting it in your carry-on? I thought we could bring a couple of bottles?

I put it in my checked luggage because I didn't want the extra weight in my carry-on. I took it out of the box on my last cruise (Fantasy - no fridge) and put it in a ziploc bag for extra protection. I kept it in ice in my collapsible cooler.

Carnival allows one bottle per person so a small box for two shouldn't be a problem in your carry-on.

How tough is the bag? Is it likely to break in the suitcase or do I need to wrap it and 2nd bag it for protection?

The bags are actually pretty "tough". That said, if something sharp comes in contact with the bag that would be a different story. I might suggest using a two-gallon zip lock over the wine bag.

PS- The devil would be wearing a down parka if this topic ever came up on say, the Cunard or Crystal boards.... Which is exactly why I like CCL people:D

PS- The devil would be wearing a down parka if this topic ever came up on say, the Cunard or Crystal boards.... Which is exactly why I like CCL people:D

ROFLOL:D :D :D

I may have said it earlier--when we lived overseas I learned how "taken" the american peeps are re wine..

the best wines we drank were straight from the cantina..and we brought our own containers..

To pay $17 in the US for a Pino Grigio when its a 3 euro bottle

...arrrg

Once when DH went to the cantina--He saw a tanker truck--being filled with wine from our region to be driven to Tuscany--Imagine the tourists drinking the house wine--NOT from Toscana...and it arrived in a tanker truck!!!

Well while it was filling--it overfilled the truck and as the air spilled out--wine was flowing all over the streets..:D It was surreal...

There are actually alot of great boxed wines..Air cant get in--no problem with cork issues...and heck--some corks now are synthetic..Imagine THAT conversation on Cunard...!

When I was in Cannes, France @1986 while in the Navy, I went on a tour that included a visit to a vineyard along the way to San Tropez. We had a fantastic tour of the complete wine making process. Everything from the first pressing through to their small bottling plant. When we were finished, we went to their small showroom where they sold the wine. Outside the showroom in the gravel parking area was a huge replica of the face of a wine casket (probably 8-10 feet in diameter). On the face was attached 3 hoses and attached to the hoses were gas station pump handles. People could just drive right up (and did) and fill their large 1 gallon glass containers from the pump. Just like buying gas. We saw several people do this in the short time we were there.

The bags are actually pretty "tough". That said, if something sharp comes in contact with the bag that would be a different story. I might suggest using a two-gallon zip lock over the wine bag.

Do you really believe a zip-lock bag will offer protection from contact with something sharp? :D

Is there a Supertarget near the cruiseport to stop at? somewhere between the Airport and the Sleep Inn, 1500 SE 5th Ave , Dania, FL?

Without a car, we are stuck to local walking or taxi distance.

There is no SuperTarget within walking distance of the hotel. A Publix supermarket is across the street and a block or so over. They should carry several box wines. Here is a link to the store locater. You could call the numbers provided and ask what they carry.

http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/site?site=00267&address=

Archived