Do you ever buy the Welcome Aboard photo?

Do You Buy Your Welcome Aboard Photo  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Buy Your Welcome Aboard Photo

• Yes, I want every memory of the trip
    • Yes, only so I can burn it later on
    • Depends, if we look good then yes, we'll buy it
    • No way, the cruise line has enough of my money

I started this thread after reading this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=375860 which actually links to an article about the checking in process which can be found here:

http://holidaycruise12232007.blogspot.com/2006/07/what-brochures-dont-tell-you-checking.html

Anyhow, the author of the article tells about how she hates the Welcome Aboard photo and I had to laugh out loud because I can appreciate what she's saying when she writes that they take the photo at the worst possible moment.

So this bring me to this question/poll: Do you ever buy your Welcome Aboard photo?

We always buy this photo because it has the date, ship and where we are going on this cruise. It is always the first picture in our cruise scapbook and cruise slide show. As far as how well we like the picture of ourselves, this is the first day of the cruise and we are all very excited, you can tell it from our expressions in the picture.

Mike

I don't let them take the picture. I say no thank you and keep on walking.

I dislike the entire idea. The picture taking holds up getting on the ship. I wouldn't object if there was a seperate line, but nooooooooooo, they refuse to do this.

Only had it taken on our first cruise and didn't buy it. Since then we tell the photog no thank you and just keep on walking. Only photos we ever bought were 3 from first formal night on first cruise.

Since that cruise if possible we don't have ship photos taken at all since we aren't going to buy them.

If it is good. The cruise on the Majesty with sisters and mom was real good. You could see the excitement on our faces. My DH,DD,DS, and I took one last month on theSovereign. There was not have much of a back drop, just a poster type of picture, and there were other people in the background. That was a bummer.

I started this thread after reading this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=375860 which actually links to an article about the checking in process which can be found here:

http://holidaycruise12232007.blogspot.com/2006/07/what-brochures-dont-tell-you-checking.html

Anyhow, the author of the article tells about how she hates the Welcome Aboard photo and I had to laugh out loud because I can appreciate what she's saying when she writes that they take the photo at the worst possible moment.

So this bring me to this question/poll: Do you ever buy your Welcome Aboard photo?

In 11 cruises I think we have bought it 4 times. It just depends on if the picture is worth buying. Often we have been rushing to get to port, either driving or flying in and I am usuing just a little "harried" looking-so I do not WANT the photo!

We always buy our photo because it looks good. Sounds strange I know but we are not the only ones who say that about our photo. We've actually gone to find our photo and see people that we don't know looking at our photo and saying how nice it is. Then we walk up to get our photo and they compliment us directly. DH and I are not what you call the "pretty" people (we aren't ugly either) so it boosts my ego a bit but not in a snooty way. Besides, I enjoy taking the photo (because I'm so excited to be going on the cruise) and therefore do my makeup and my hair a bit so it will look good in the picture.

That photo is usually the only one I DO buy. Mine have always looked pretty good.:D

The main reason I buy it is because I always use that particular photo as the title page of my scrapbook pages for that cruise in my large cruise scrapbook. What better? It has the date, ship's name, and the port of embarkation.

I have bought only a very few they take during the cruise, sometimes one, sometimes none. No pressure to buy. I don't mind them taking my picture. They're only doing their job. Smile, and then go on your way.:)

We've promised ourselves if there ever were a welcome aboard photo we liked, we would buy it. Well, there never has been one we liked. My husband photgraphs much better than I do and even his photos are not that good. My guess is that the photographers are in too much of a hurry to move passengers through the lines on boarding day and can't take really good photos except for those blessed individuals who do photograph well no matter what the circumstances.

We always buy them, whether we look good or not. My favorite, prominently displayed in the living room-Mercury, Round the Horn, Feb. 2002. DH looks like he should be in the cast of the Soprano's. I even had the framer put a little title on it-"Mob Boss on Vacation". It's a real hoot.

We always buy them, whether we look good or not. My favorite, prominently displayed in the living room-Mercury, Round the Horn, Feb. 2002. DH looks like he should be in the cast of the Soprano's. I even had the framer put a little title on it-"Mob Boss on Vacation". It's a real hoot.

Now THAT I can appreciate!

Nick

Archived