Ramada Inn FT L. Florida?

watchmelose

has anyone stayed at the Ramada Inn in Ft. Lauderdale? We booked this for the day before our December 2nd cruise, there will be 4 of us in one room. Is there anything near by, how close is it to the cruise port? They said there is a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port-has anyone used this and how convient was it? Anyone have experience or advice? Are the rooms clean and where do you suggest we go to dinner that night? (breakfast is supposed to be continental, so we don't have to find a place).

I haven't stayed there myself, but you may want to check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=251118&highlight=RAMADA+INN+FORT+LAUDERDALE

Don't know how much you are spending, but if you decide to cancel your current booking, I have read alot of good things about the Sleep Inn & Suites, Ft Lauderdale Airport. Look for an active thraed in this forum for more info.

HTH

A~

There are several posts related to the Ramada Inn in FLL and none of them are good. I have stayed there and I best describe it as a run down 1960 Holiday Inn with fresher paint and a nice staff, but that is the very best I can say. So, my advice is summed up with NO, NO, NO. Get yourself a new location!

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express, especially the 17th Ave location. Most of the hotels on 17th are supposed to be fairly good.

I booked two rooms for our January 20th cruise.My sister-in-law and hubby are flying in on the 19th and we are driving in for the 19th also. Had an awful time trying to find rooms for that time. What exactly was wrong with the Ramada except for the fact that it's old? Were the rooms clean? I know it's one block off I-95. How bad could that neighborhood be? Were not planning on going anywhere when we do arrive...will be too tired. There is supposed to be a restaurant on premises. Is that so?

How bad could that neighborhood be?

hmmmm let's see..... hotels that rent by the hour, crack viles, needles, abandoned vehicles, abandoned buildings, pawn shops, check cashing stores, bail bondsman, pimps, dealers........:rolleyes:

Boy, I'm in a real mess now. Do you have any suggestions? In-laws have to be picked up at airport and then brought to pier next day. That time of year is awful for a decent-priced hotel.

HELP

Some decent economical hotels you can check out, the LaQuinta in Hollywood, Hampton Inn and Amerisuites in Plantation, Sleep Inn in Dania Beach.

OK, I won't get as dramatic as above. I stayed there January 2005. Yes, its in a declining area. Don't get out and walk around. However, the night I stayed there my room was clean but small, confining, and worn. We took a cab out to eat somewhere else. We then hung out in the lobby area for awhile, it was small but ok. The place was booked full of cruisers that night, coming and going.

Next day, they had a breakfast in another area. It too was only ok at best. In general, the motel is very well worn, clean if you don't look in the corners, and the staff was very nice except for when transfering to the ship--best advice there was to take a cab!

However, you leave with the feeling of relief. It left me with feeling like I had stayed in a sleezier place than I desire.

My best advice, keep looking around for something better and only use this motel as a last choice. However, it should be "ok" for one night only when you are a bit desperate due to price or everything else being booked.

It is not nice and the staff is under trained and likely under paid based on their attitudes. Seedy neighborhood. I wouldn't stay there again.

There are much better choices for budget hotels like Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are smallish for 4 people there but you could probably get by for one night. It's newer and very clean. Another nice hotel is Hyatt 66 and the room is large enough for 4 people. Also Embassy Suites might be a good choice for 4 people. I'd stay anywhere except the Ramada Inn. These choices are all in much better neighborhoods.

I haven't stayed at Hampton Inn in this location but have been pleased with Hamptons in other locations. For budget hotels they're usually clean, basic and include breakfast like Holiday Inn Express does.

Boy, I'm in a real mess now. Do you have any suggestions? In-laws have to be picked up at airport and then brought to pier next day. That time of year is awful for a decent-priced hotel.

HELP

Reasonable or decent priced could be hard to come by depending on what you're accustomed to spending. For the most part, anything around $120 is reasonable from what we've seen. We made the mistake of booking the Comfort Inn on Stirling thinking it was a reasonably priced decent place to spend the night. Boy were we wrong. It was a dirty, unomforatble place with locks that didn't work and roaches on the walls. We had the maid just walk into the room very early because the locks didn't work. Fortunately, we had already been awakened by the maintenance man who did knock on the door, only to discover he had the wrong room (about 6 AM).

Our next trip we initially booked the LaQuinta but have since changed to the Hampton Inn north airport for about the same price ($119). With Hampton Inn, we can get our Hilton Hhonors points and they have a shuttle service to the pier.

I'm learning that with the price I pay for the cruise, it's not always a good idea to skimp on the hotel pre or post cruise. I might as well spend the extra $40 or $50 over the price of the really cheap rooms to get a room I'm reasonably certain will be a clean comfortable safe place to stay.

We like AmeriSuites on the 17th St Causeway. We are going Dec 8 and got ours booked through Valuetrips.com for $79 per night. You might only need one room there since it is a suite.

We stayed at Ramada one time and never again. That said, they do have a nice pool area and a decent free buffett in the morning but the area is bad and the room was tacky and old.

Stayed at the Ramada 3 years ago. It is a little over a block east of the Turnpike. Run down area of FLL and a distance from the port. I would highly suggest something along 17th Street or the Wyndham on I95 and Griffin Road. You will be much happier. Do not stay at the Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort either. Much the same. Very Very old and worn. Don't feel clean staying there. Lots of people going on or returning from curises stay there. They don't know any better.

Very big dilemma; where to stay in Ft. Lauderdale? We have researched this for weeks. We came up with Sleep Inn and Hampton Inn/ Airport north. Because it is Jan. 13th most all want a hefty fee. Sure, 17th street is great: you can book Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites or Hyatt, but in January expect a very high price. We stayed on 17th st. last December at Extended Stay, and walked two blocks under the bridge and rode the water taxi all over looking at the yachts and mansions decorated for Christmas. We loved it, but now things are just too pricey for 2007 (high season).

Archived