Royal Caribbean Unlimited Soda Question

Can you bring your own soda on board the ship? I was thinking that I should buy a six pack at Walgreens or somewhere before we board (I really like Caffiene Free Diet Coke and doubt that they'll have it) to keep in our room. I thought, however, that I read something about this somewhere here that RCCL may charge your to bring your own soda on board, or is that just alcohol and the "corking charge"

Last week I sent an email inquiry to RCCL regarding bringing wine on board, and I got the following response:

“We do not allow guests to bring their own beverages onboard. This includes: liquor, wine, beer, soda, or self produced products (example: home made wines). Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.”

Thus, no beverages of any kind can be brought on board (at least in accordance with the written rules).

Yep, they officially quote the no beverage policy but they usually have lax enforcement. I started a wine policy thread to check the current enforcement which seems to be very spotty. Checked baggage seems to work almost all the time.

If you look on the website you will see the official details about the Juice and Soda card. They do list cranberry juice. Last time I was on board they had the kind of cranberry juice that is more white grape juice than cranberry. there is a huge difference but if that's what you are used to it will be ok.

I don't think they carry Dr. Pepper onboard anywhere. However, Johnny Rockets has Mr. Pibb which is covered by the soda card or can be purchased by the glass. Just thought the other Pepper fans might like to know.

Amy

Yep, they officially quote the no beverage policy but they usually have lax enforcement. I started a wine policy thread to check the current enforcement which seems to be very spotty. Checked baggage seems to work almost all the time.

If you look on the website you will see the official details about the Juice and Soda card. They do list cranberry juice. Last time I was on board they had the kind of cranberry juice that is more white grape juice than cranberry. there is a huge difference but if that's what you are used to it will be ok.

Happy Cruzer:

I would really like to bring a bottle or two of wine on board. This is not save money, but because I am a wine "geek" and have bottles in my basement that are not on RCL's wine list and that I would like to drink. Do you think there will any problem if I take a bottle to the dinning room? They must have some way of handling this since someone can buy a bottle of wine for you, as a gift, and have it delivered to your stateroom? Any comments based upon past experiences will be greatly appreciated. We've sailed Princess before, where none of this was ever an issue.

Thanks.

Happy Cruzer:

I would really like to bring a bottle or two of wine on board. This is not save money, but because I am a wine "geek" and have bottles in my basement that are not on RCL's wine list and that I would like to drink. Do you think there will any problem if I take a bottle to the dinning room? They must have some way of handling this since someone can buy a bottle of wine for you, as a gift, and have it delivered to your stateroom? Any comments based upon past experiences will be greatly appreciated. We've sailed Princess before, where none of this was ever an issue.

Thanks.

Check out the following thread that was originally started for wine geeks like you, me and lot of others:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=330826

I am planning to bring a few special bottles on board in my checked luggage. According to my last conversation with customer service I should be able to have them in the dining room and in the spec restaurent. I think you will enjoy looking at all the discussion in the thread listed above.

There is also a fun wine thread in the Europe area about wine in Barcelona.

Jump on IN!

Archived