Please help me make a decision about itinerary!

mcfaddensfarm

Delta just changed our return flight from Miami. They now have us leaving from Miami at 1:30, changing planes in Atlanta (with a 4 hr 15 min layover!) and getting home to Boise at 10:00 pm. I called to see if they could get me on a different flight, because I don't want to get home so late. They said there is nothing they can do about me getting home so late. But they can keep me from having a 4 hr 15 min layover in Atlanta, if we take a later flight from Miami, leaving at 2:45 pm instead of 1:30 pm. But now my question is this: Which is the lesser of two evils:

1. Taking the later 2:45 pm flight out of Miami, which means we would probably sit around the Miami airport for a long time, but a shorter layover in Atlanta.
  2. Taking the 1:30 pm flight out of Miami but having a 4 hr 15 min layover in Atlanta.

I've only whisked through Atlanta airport once before, and have never been to Miami. Is there anyone out there familiar with these airports that could help me make a decision? Oh, I'll be traveling with my 14 year old son, if that would affect anything...

I would take the longer layover in Atlanta. If you take the later flight out of Miami (which is not the greatest airport to be sitting around) then if the flight gets delayed you could miss your connection. By taking the flight that was recommended to you should you have a minimal type of flight delay you won't have to worry about missing your connection. If it was me, I would take what has been recommended to you.

Keith

Archived