Bringing Alcohol

This horse is being beaten to death - again. I count three threads on this forum alone on this subject.....

Next will be smoking, then taking food off the ship, then chair hogs, then muster drill; over and over and over.

Whew....think I'll take a break for a coupla days.:o :o

Then go somewhere else. No one is keeping you here. If it bothers you that much... no one is making you read the thread.

Also, see the previous post about the search function.

*smooches*

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamama1

This horse is being beaten to death - again. I count three threads on this forum alone on this subject.....

Next will be smoking, then taking food off the ship, then chair hogs, then muster drill; over and over and over.

Whew....think I'll take a break for a coupla days.

Then go somewhere else. No one is keeping you here. If it bothers you that much... no one is making you read the thread.

*smooches*

She was told this repeatedly on the Carnival board as well. Guess she thinks she'll come over here and wag her finger.She pretended to "get it" here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=379884

But as you can see, the temptation to scold runs hot through her veins. :cool:

Ms. B

maybe she should go over to the cruisemates board and stay on the GRIPE thread . i think they talk about the same things on that board as well '' bringing booze on board , smoking , chair hogs and the muster drill . gee, it seems like these questions are being asked all over the place by us irritating posters ;) .

now down to business-- do you like to wear the life-jacket during the muster drill that might save your life or not??? :D oooppppssss, i asked one of those questions.

maybe she should go over to the cruisemates board and stay on the GRIPE thread . i think they talk about the same things on that board as well '' bringing booze on board , smoking , chair hogs and the muster drill . gee, it seems like these questions are being asked all over the place by us irritating posters ;) .

now down to business-- do you like to wear the life-jacket during the muster drill that might save your life or not??? :D oooppppssss, i asked one of those questions.

Haaahahahaha - I never knew they had a Gripe Thread. I'll be polite and just say, it takes all kinds, doesn't it? :p

Haaahahahaha - I never knew they had a Gripe Thread. I'll be polite and just say, it takes all kinds, doesn't it? :p

i had the nerve to gripe on it one time and got '' chewed up '' . they can be pretty brutal and you have to be pretty thick skinned to keep up the pace with them. but if you want a good laugh go on over and read all the stuff they slam each other about. i think it is under the '' people thead '' . other than that, i stay here on the best cruise board there is -- good ole cruise critic ;) .

i had the nerve to gripe on it one time and got '' chewed up '' . they can be pretty brutal and you have to be pretty thick skinned to keep up the pace with them. but if you want a good laugh go on over and read all the stuff they slam each other about. i think it is under the '' people thead '' . other than that, i stay here on the best cruise board there is -- good ole cruise critic ;) .

I'll have to stroll over and take a look. A long time ago I used to read the posts there but I agree with you, Cruise Critic has the best boards and posters. :)

ya, go have a look. they have absolutely the '' most knowledgable and professional opinioned '' people there that are experts on everything. haahaha. it can be pretty entertaining reading if you are bored :D .

have fun lol.

ya, go have a look. they have absolutely the '' most knowledgable and professional opinioned '' people there that are experts on everything. haahaha. it can be pretty entertaining reading if you are bored :D .

have fun lol.

I've bookmarked it! Today is the ideal day to scroll through some of their threads since everyone's out this afternoon. Thanks for the heads-up, I usually read CC and another board but hadn't seen CM in a while!

*smooches*

AHH! Well, that was a nice respite! I must read these threads-mostly for a really good laugh! I see nothing has changed here in the last coupla days... Well, maybe a few things....:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamama1

Whew....think I'll take a break for a coupla days.

She was told this repeatedly on the Carnival board as well. Guess she thinks she'll come over here and wag her finger.She pretended to "get it" here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=379884

But as you can see, the temptation to scold runs hot through her veins. :cool:

Ms. B

How very interesting that you would follow my posts around the board. Aren't you just the sweetest thing?:rolleyes:

It's sort of like knowing a voyeur without actually having to see one! :rolleyes:

Well, one would think that there would be other topics for such a great vacation, wouldn't one? I must say, I do enjoy the repetition occasionally if, for no other reason. than to see just how little imagination some people have. And it is always an eye-opener to see just how many folks out here feel they are exempt from the everyday rules. Actually, Cops is one of my favorite TV shows.....

If you brought alcohol on board, what containers did you bring it in? It will be in our checked luggage...do we need to go as far as shampoo bottles, etc.?

i had one bag that had my soda, juice, and water, that bag I checked in I did not put my alcohol in that bag.

I went to Walmart and purchased a 2 large spray bottles (like the kind you would use for cleaning stuff) it cost 99 cents. I filled one with Vodka and the other with Peach Snappes. Put both spray bottles in a zip lock bag, I also put my shampoo, and stuff in baggies, I packed the spray bottle in the bag with my hair stuff, lotions, stuff like that. I also checked that bag in. No problems at all.

I figure that if my "spray" bottle were with my soda and mixers, they would be more apt to look closer. But since they were mixed in with my health and beauty products, it was not given a secound thought.

i carried a plastic bottle of vodka in my carry-on flying to vancouver. i was randomly choosen to be searched, wanded, shoes taken away, the whole bit. the liquor did not pose any problem. don't try to take liquor on ncl. the mouthwash bottle does not work.

Well, one would think that there would be other topics for such a great vacation, wouldn't one? I must say, I do enjoy the repetition occasionally if, for no other reason. than to see just how little imagination some people have. And it is always an eye-opener to see just how many folks out here feel they are exempt from the everyday rules. Actually, Cops is one of my favorite TV shows.....

What is your problem? Why do you have to make everything about you? There are some of us that have not had the privlage of going on 30,000 cruises. I want to read every post in every thread about bringing alcohol on board. If you don't like it don't read it, now I am reading 10 post and writing a post to you when i could be learning about my cruise that happens in 21 days.

Search function is up and running..

Sorry ol' mighty one, I don't want to read threads on alcohol from 2004. I want to read from people that were just on a cruise.

Does your computer somehow block the title of the tread in the main forum? what a waste of time it must be for you to have to click on each thread just to see the topic:confused: . And then you have to try to make everyone feel bad about trying to get "new" information. What a rough day you must be having.

If you dont have anything productive to say, don't waste our time by posting a worthless response. Are you trying to get your post count up?

Remember, some things are left better unsaid.:cool:

What is your problem? Why do you have to make everything about you? There are some of us that have not had the privlage of going on 30,000 cruises. I want to read every post in every thread about bringing alcohol on board. If you don't like it don't read it, now I am reading 10 post and writing a post to you when i could be learning about my cruise that happens in 21 days.

You seem a little touchy today. Have a great time on your cruise..

Sorry ol' mighty one, I don't want to read threads on alcohol from 2004. I want to read from people that were just on a cruise.

Does your computer somehow block the title of the tread in the main forum? what a waste of time it must be for you to have to click on each thread just to see the topic:confused: . And then you have to try to make everyone feel bad about trying to get "new" information. What a rough day you must be having.

If you dont have anything productive to say, don't waste our time by posting a worthless response. Are you trying to get your post count up?

Remember, some things are left better unsaid.:cool:

Holy scow!:eek: I have plenty of tread..just bought them a few months ago.

I never have a rough day!:)

Many on these "threads" have nothing productive to say! I seem to be in good company.:rolleyes:

yawn, yawn, yawn, blah/blah/blah. what is your point. why do you come to the boards anyway if you dont like any of the '' repetitive questions from us cruisers who have no imagination unless it is too feed your annoyance . if we are that boring please find another board to go too. your attitude can irritate some other posters for awhile on another site. in the mean time, we will have a great time here on cc asking questions and helping others as we always have done. no one is twisting your arm to stay here with us .

now lets get back to sneaking on booze== do you hide the bottle in a shoe or do you still use the mouthwash container. i cant decide which one i will try next time. any help here ?? oh and as far as following the rules of everyday life i do jay walk once in awhile IM SO BAD.

WE put Stoli in water bottles and purchased soda cards. No Problem on Princess and then when we got liqour in St Maarten we carried in on board and continued to make drinks. No problem. On the way home, put the bottles in the center of the checked luggage and it made it just fine back to RI!!! Don;t go crazy, be smart about it.

WE put Stoli in water bottles and purchased soda cards. No Problem on Princess and then when we got liqour in St Maarten we carried in on board and continued to make drinks. No problem. On the way home, put the bottles in the center of the checked luggage and it made it just fine back to RI!!! Don;t go crazy, be smart about it.

i plan on picking up a 12 pack of pepsi and beer in the port city. i will give that bag to the porters ( with a nice tip of course ) and tip the room steward up front to keep me supplied with ice.

Can anyone who has recently sailed on Celebrity let us know if they are restricting this more?

It is pretty funny that everytime the cruiselines start enforcing or limiting bringing your own booze they blame it on some incident. They restrict carryon booze to increase sales, not to try to limit passengers from getting drunk and jumping/falling/thrown overboard. I wonder what would happen if hotels tried this?

yawn, yawn, yawn, blah/blah/blah. what is your point. why do you come to the boards anyway if you dont like any of the '' repetitive questions from us cruisers who have no imagination unless it is too feed your annoyance . if we are that boring please find another board to go too. your attitude can irritate some other posters for awhile on another site. in the mean time, we will have a great time here on cc asking questions and helping others as we always have done. no one is twisting your arm to stay here with us .

now lets get back to sneaking on booze== do you hide the bottle in a shoe or do you still use the mouthwash container. i cant decide which one i will try next time. any help here ?? oh and as far as following the rules of everyday life i do jay walk once in awhile IM SO BAD.

If you read my response real careful and r-e-a-l slow, you might pick up where I mention "I occasionally enjoy the repetition"....And - I never get annoyed...

And - have you also been following me around the boards, you little devil you?:confused: Do you stalk people too?:eek:

And, as you may have surmised, I do have opinions and feel free to voice them here, being a member and all.:rolleyes:

Archived