Bringing Alcohol

Can anyone who has recently sailed on Celebrity let us know if they are restricting this more?

It is pretty funny that everytime the cruiselines start enforcing or limiting bringing your own booze they blame it on some incident. They restrict carryon booze to increase sales, not to try to limit passengers from getting drunk and jumping/falling/thrown overboard. I wonder what would happen if hotels tried this?

Their ship, their rules! Luckily for you, the hotels will let you bring all you want. Why not try one next time? Will save you soooo much aggravation!:rolleyes:

If you read my response real careful and r-e-a-l slow, you might pick up where I mention "I occasionally enjoy the repetition"....And - I never get annoyed...

And - have you also been following me around the boards, you little devil you?:confused: Do you stalk people too?:eek:

And, as you may have surmised, I do have opinions and feel free to voice them here, being a member and all.:rolleyes:

what-ever. have a great cruise

If you read my response real careful and r-e-a-l slow, you might pick up where I mention "I occasionally enjoy the repetition"....And - I never get annoyed...

And - have you also been following me around the boards, you little devil you?:confused: Do you stalk people too?:eek:

And, as you may have surmised, I do have opinions and feel free to voice them here, being a member and all.:rolleyes:

Yuk:eek:

I've traveled the world with a bottle of the 'good stuff' in my checked bag and have never had a problem. I think a lot of your success rate on taking liquor on to cruise ships has to do with your attitude and demeanor. If you act as if you have already had one to many, you are more likely to get searched.

I've also carried on a 'little nip' bottle in my carry on bag with no problems. Original container (in many places the bottles are unbreakable plastic), not messing with Listerine bottles, Evian etc.

Perhaps also I've reached the age where I'm above suspicion. Advantage to being a AARP member.

Boy is this entertaining!!

I don't have any problem NOT taking liquor on board. In fact, we've met a lot of people at the bars! If I must drink in the room, the ship supplied/priced booze is fine.

Where I do have a problem is with wine. I normaly pack 2-3 bottles of Dom or other like champaign and a bottle or 2 of "good" wine. Wine that may cost me $40-50 at a liquor store and 100-150 on the ship if they even have it. A corkage fee is quite reasonable. So is drinking it in your room.

I've never had a problem on Royal Carribean with wine or champaign.My first Princess cruise is coming up. We'll see what happens.

We went on the Glory last Feb. and they were cinfiscating booze from the carry on luggage. They had me open my bag and checked a bottle of sun tan lotion that I had. They had quite a few bottles sitting by the scanning area. I always take soda and some booze. I collect hard sided luggage from thrift shops and use them. than I tell the room steward I know longer want the luggage. Oh and I always use plastic bottles not cans and not glass.

seamama1.........what aggravation? right now the only aggravation I have is YOU!!!! Next time maybe you can actually try to answer 1 of the questions that were posted and not just add your not even worth 2 cents.

Now can anyone but seamama1 please tell me if they have recently had any experience with this subject on Celebrity?? thanks.

seamama1.........what aggravation? right now the only aggravation I have is YOU!!!! Next time maybe you can actually try to answer 1 of the questions that were posted and not just add your not even worth 2 cents.

Now can anyone but seamama1 please tell me if they have recently had any experience with this subject on Celebrity?? thanks.

.02=Nope!:cool:

When I am packing for a cruise, I purchase a bunch of the little airline size bottles of scotch, vodka, etc. You can even buy them in packages of six or more. They don't cost that much more than booze in a larger bottle and they are so much more convenient to pack. You can mix and match different brands. They pack easily into nooks and crannies in your luggage, and don't show up looking like a large bottle of booze in the xray machines they scan luggage with when it is being brought on board. I have never had a problem doing this. You can find these small bottles in many specialty liquor stores, but not at Costco or supermarket liquor sections.

I also throw a few bottles into our carry on luggage. We have sometimes used them on the planes without any hassle.

I also will sometimes pack a small flask of vodka for my wife. We have a FoodSaver Vacuum packing device that I often use for a flask or other liquids that might leak in your luggage. It give you extra protection against leakage and also is clear plastic so the baggage inspectors can see what is packed.

We have even used the vacuum sealed bags to bring detergent for the on board laundry, if we are well within our baggage weight allowance. One bag for each regular load. You maybe save 50 cents a load over the boxes sold in the laundry, but, hey, if you have the room and weight, why not.

Also throw some fabric softener sheets into your luggage. They make the clothes smell fresh and can be used in the dryers at the onboard laundry.

You can also vacuum pack some of your clothes in the larger FoodSaver bags so that they take up less space in your luggage.

Well, we drink all the booze we smuggled on board in our luggage, and that leaves room for the clothes we vacuum packed when we left home.

Also, my wife always packs some older clothes that are near the end of their useful lives, and tosses them after wearing them during the cruise. This works well for old underwear, that no one sees. (Just don't have an accident where they see your old underwear in the sick bay!) Old walking shoes are great for excercise on the deck, then throw them away at the end of the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
What is your problem? Why do you have to make everything about you? There are some of us that have not had the privlage of going on 30,000 cruises. I want to read every post in every thread about bringing alcohol on board. If you don't like it don't read it, now I am reading 10 post and writing a post to you when i could be learning about my cruise that happens in 21 days.

I totally agree with you. Seamama is seriously a booze ****. She is always flaming the booze smugglers.

I wonder how the events of today will affect bringing alcohol aboard?

Gone Fishen

Has anybody reading this thread just returned from a cruise? Did the British Terror scare change anything?

I'm sorry -- But I think I'm going to be a smuggler too. Someone said don't trying it on NCL. I'm going on NCL. Why not? Do they search more than most?

I think I'll order a bottle too --- I just like options. And doing something I'm told not to! :D

When posting in this year's New Orleans Jazzfest chatroom, we occasionally encountered folks like SeaMama. The frequent posters referred to folks like this as "trolls," and usually advised not to even acknowledge their presence (e.g., Do Not Feed The Trolls!).

I'm a first-timer, and I've enjoyed seeing the various and clever way that people bring their booze on board. I'll be bringing a couple of bottles of nice wine and some coconut rum. I like the bubble wrap/put in large Ziplocs to prevent leakage idea.

This horse is being beaten to death - again.

I seriously don't think it is possible to beat the "sneaking liqour aboard" topic to death. I mean, how can anyone ever tire of the ingenious ideas people come up with to do it? We are a clever bunch on here. Also, with the cruise lines trying to counteract such sneakyness, it requires a vigilant group such as those on this board to stay one step ahead of the cruise lines to make sure we can all smuggle away. Plus, in addition to the clever and useful ideas people come up with, these threads are usually good for a few laughs too.

Archived