Bringing Alcohol

Save the flames please... I know this is a hot topic and people are split on this. We are bringing alcohol with us. Hate me if you wish.

My question:

If you brought alcohol on board, what containers did you bring it in? It will be in our checked luggage...do we need to go as far as shampoo bottles, etc.?

::zips up flame retardant suit::

Thanks

Save the flames please... I know this is a hot topic and people are split on this. We are bringing alcohol with us. Hate me if you wish.

My question:

If you brought alcohol on board, what containers did you bring it in? It will be in our checked luggage...do we need to go as far as shampoo bottles, etc.?

Thanks

LOL, Yay! I was lonley for a thread like this!!! ;)

We always smuggle! We usually plan a detour into our travel to the ship (after we land at our destination airport) to stop by the liquor store and purchase.

We always pack in original containers. We have never transferred the liquor to another bottle. We slip the bottle up the leg of a pair of jeans and make sure it is dead center in the suitcase.

Always hand this type of luggage to the porter as your carry on's are going to get x-rayed. And always tip your porter extra because these types of bags tend to be extra heavy!

Also good to try to slip a piece of duct tape around the cap and mouth of the bottle to aid in the prevention of liquor leakage. :eek:

We have never had a problem.

Happy Sailing!!!

If you are intent on doing this, you must protect not only your own possessions but also the belongings of other passengers.

Wrap each bottle securely in bubble wrap, preferably a double layer. Place that inside a large ziplock baggie and secure the zipper.

Nothing worse than having something break and leak all over not only YOUR stuff, but the poor unfortunate passenger whose bag just happened to be under yours in the baggage trolley.

We have this down to a science, and of anything we overpack for the trip it is always booze. Most 'call' liquor comes in a plastic travel size flask which is what we buy. When we first started taking booze these were harder to find, but now are easy to locate in a large liquor store so I guess a lot of folks do this for travelling. We end up with a variety (rum, vodka, tequila, whiskey) that is usually enough for three weeks instead of one. This fits nicely into your luggage since it is flat and is without all the extra weight or fear of breaking that the glass bottles pose. We put each into ziplock bag for the journey and disburse though out all the luggage we check - not the carry on. For mixers we have travel flasks that we transfer the bottled mix to, seal up the top with electrical tape and put into ziplocks. FYI - We have learned that the juice in the Windjammer - mango and cranberry make great mixers for a flavored vodka martini.

Futher to the criminal activity, we put rum into a water bottle on the boat to take to the pool to mix our own with what they have - juice, coke.

We have always had all arrive and have never been questioned by the room attendant. In fact, he was nice enough to move out what was in the fridge so we could put our mixers in.

Last trip one of our companion travellers brought on the small 'BOX' cube wine in his luggage without a problem. these are the small ones they now sell. This worked great for the week to have the chilled box in the fridge.

We cruised last year, and are booked up again for this year. Taking some booze with you may be against the rules but these rules were not a problem last year. We took wine and spirits aboard in the original glass bottles and were not challanged.

The cruise line would not like to read this but, One night we left an un finished bottle of white wine in our state room, when we returned later the bottle was in the ice bucket packed with ice. The room steward earned his tip.

Bring what you want in your carry on. The screeners work for the Port Authority and/or US Customs. Both could care less about you bringing alcohol aboard. Their job is to look for contraband, weapons, etc... I have been thru several ports and have never been questioned about bringing alcohol. Coors Light makes 16oz in the plastic bottles, of course cans work just as well and do not weigh much either. Use one suitcase just with beer, wrapped in beach towels to prevent any accidents and keep them from moving around. You can also stuff many in your carry on bags. I have never seen RCCL, CCL, or X confiscate any liquor thru embarkation (see above). Even in port we bring on bottles of Corona, XX, Red Stripe, etc..., in a bag and do not get a second look. You can clearly see the bottles/caps/cans but the boat screeners never raise an eyebrow. It seems they have a don't ask don't tell policy. Don't let all the holier than thou on the board scare you, bring what you want, go about your business and have a good time ! :p

I just have to caution you, Grant, that you are talking about history, what RC has done or not done IN THE PAST.

They are making noises about cracking down on this, purportedly because of the recent rash of bad publicity over people falling or being pushed overboard. The "undercover" investigations by the newsmagazines didn't help, either.

I would support the industry completely and pay the prices for all the liquor I could drink on the ship.

Bottom line is that I am not and quite a few of the major lines allow you to bring wine on board. It's really hurtful I think to persecute people for bringing some booze with them. We now live in an economy that is exceptionally expensive and for the average family to vacation now is unnattainable. Everyone simply does not have the luxury of an unlimited vacation budget.

So go ahead working-class americans who cruise!

Bring the booze! Pack it well! If you don't agree with it, just ignore it:cool:

We bring one separate rolling luggage and fill it with beer and collaspable ice chest. Tip the room steward extra and he will keep it filled with ice the whole week. He even brought in in from our balcony to get it out of the sun;) End of cruise you will have a extra suitcase for all you souviners.

This horse is being beaten to death - again. I count three threads on this forum alone on this subject.....

Next will be smoking, then taking food off the ship, then chair hogs, then muster drill; over and over and over.

Whew....think I'll take a break for a coupla days.:o :o

My question:

Thanks

i wont flame you since thousands of others do it. i dont drink much so i only take a 12 pack of diet pepsi and a 12 pack of my favorite beer in the checked bag at the dock. for my foo-foo drink i take a bottle of cheap champainge in my carry-on and add the free orange juice to it from room service or the lido deck. it is refreshing and a great drink. i order wine for dinner before hand on the carnival site so that is taken care of as far as no charge on the ss card. this keeps me happy for the week.

I was just wondering if those of you who smuggle liquor onto the cruise ships are also taking it on airplanes? If so, do you do the water - mouthwash - whatever bottle trick or carry it in it's original bottle? Or are ya'll just hitting the liquor store nearest the ship?

Guineverekay

My question:

Thanks

Search function is up and running..

Archived