Port Canaveral Hotel for night before cruise?

My TA higly suggested we fly in (from Arkansas) a day early for the Mariner. with custom air-you fly to Orlando and that is where RC will reserve a hotel room.(we pay for), then transferr to ship. In 10 years I have never had a problem traveling on the day the ship sails, but I have never been to Port C. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My TA higly suggested we fly in (from Arkansas) a day early for the Mariner. with custom air-you fly to Orlando and that is where RC will reserve a hotel room.(we pay for), then transferr to ship. In 10 years I have never had a problem traveling on the day the ship sails, but I have never been to Port C. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This is the first time we are flying in before the sailing date. We've also never had problems traveling to the port city on the morning of departure, but with last year's active hurricane season dealying/canceling flights, etc, it was added insurance to get there a day or two ahead of time, just in case. As well, we were always able to fly directly into the port city, but with Port Canaveral, we're flying into Orlando which is an hour away - a lot could interfere with getting there on time (traffic, fires closing roadways, etc).

We are renting a car from Budget for the two days and driving to the Port, and returning the car there prior to boarding the ship. We will do the reverse on the return trip. Because we are 5 people, doing it this way costs MUCH less than using RC transfers or a car service. We looked into hotels in both Orlando and Port Canaveral, but decided that this time, we wanted to spend our pre-cruise days near the beach rather than near The Mouse. (Had we not been traveling with my mom, we might have opted to stay near Disney World and spend a day there).

Hyatt Regency is a gorgeous hotel right atop the Orlando airport terminal, which would be super-convenient for staying overnight and then catching the RC shuttle. You said that you booked custom air, which includes the transfer, right? Can you perhaps book the hotel separately and stay at the airport one?

Has anyone stayed at the Ron Jon Resort? How far is it to the port? We are trying to decide on where to stay for our Aug. 27 cruise. We would rather stay on the beach but we want it close to the port as well. Any helpful advice will be appreciated. Thanks:)

Has anyone stayed at the Ron Jon Resort? How far is it to the port? We are trying to decide on where to stay for our Aug. 27 cruise. We would rather stay on the beach but we want it close to the port as well. Any helpful advice will be appreciated. Thanks:)

We looked into Ron Jon's, and it might have been our first choice, but it was booked solid for the two days before our Aug 20 cruise, so check availability..

Archived