Port Canaveral Hotel for night before cruise?

Hi!

We haven't been down there in a while, but we used to stay at the Baymont in Titusville -- a little north of Port Canaveral. Inexpensive, clean, with a Cracker Barrell across the street for dinner/breakfast.

The Port is only about 20 minutes away.

Happy Cruising!!

Have stayed at the Radisson in the past. It was very nice and we loved the pool area. They also offer a free shuttle to the port with free parking. I have been reading mixed reviews lately about it. The food is very expensive. There is (was) a McDonalds across the street and that was about it five years ago. I don't know what has been built up since.

In August we are staying at the brand new Residence Inn. Good rate which includes a breakfast buffet.

Enjoy!

we have stayed at the radisson at the port once- very nice but price has gone up so we are going to stay at residence inn right next door for less- we are doing a 2 bedroom / 2 bath with family room for 150 and sharing it with another couple so are both paying 75 per couple for what sounds like a really nice accomodation- will let you know after we get back in oct 06 how it is......

If you can, try not to stay at Cocoa Beach or anywhere on the island. It is much cheaper to stay in the city of Cocoa on the mainland and it is only a few minutes to Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Cocoa Holiday Inn Express and I think it was around $89.00 plus taxes and included their continental breakfast. Don't be fooled, it is a pretty good breakfast with boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, to die for cinammon rolls :D , assorted other pastries, bagels, etc., juices, coffee and milk. In any event, you will have plenty of time to get to the ship early even if you do go over to Ron Jon's and check out the beach wear and T-shirts (some of the coolest around in my opinion.)

My BF and I are booked on the July 31st sailing on the Sovereign. It will be my 3rd time sailing her, but my first since the renovations. I'm excited!

In any case, we're staying at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort for 2 nights before the cruise. They have some great advertised specials right now.

Sun - Thurs $79

Fri - Sun $89

www.hi-cocoa.com

800-206-2747

321-783-2271

They offer free parking during cruises! Transporation to the port is offered via the Cocoa Beach Shuttle (321-784-4144) for $4 per person. I just found that out today by calling the Cocoa Beach Chamber.

Take Care.

Have a great cruise.

Hello, CC friends - I need to know some hotel choices for our one night stay before our Sov. of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Thanks so much! Have a great day. Elizabeth

Here are 2 good links to information at Port Canaveral.

www.portcanaveral.org Thisone has a webcam and lots of info.

www.space-coast.com

This one has a link on the front page (on the right hand side) to park and cruise packages. This brochure lists most of the hotels and their policies including parking, breakfast etc. You choice of hotel will depend on your needs, whether you have a car to park etc.

Parking at the port is $12 a day, payable as you enter the parking area.

I hope this helps and gives you much of the information you are seeking.

Hello, CC friends - I need to know some hotel choices for our one night stay before our Sov. of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Thanks so much! Have a great day. Elizabeth

We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Cocoa Beach-Oceanfront in May of this year. It is located at 2080 North Atlantic Avenue. The hotel and beach were very nice and it is near the Port. You could see the Sovereign from the hotel. Good luck!

My BF and I are booked on the July 31st sailing on the Sovereign. It will be my 3rd time sailing her, but my first since the renovations. I'm excited!

In any case, we're staying at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort for 2 nights before the cruise. They have some great advertised specials right now.

Sun - Thurs $79

Fri - Sun $89

www.hi-cocoa.com

800-206-2747

321-783-2271

They offer free parking during cruises! Transporation to the port is offered via the Cocoa Beach Shuttle (321-784-4144) for $4 per person. I just found that out today by calling the Cocoa Beach Chamber.

Take Care.

Have a great cruise.

Can you tell me how you got this rate? $110.70 is the lowest rate I could find on their website.

Thanks!

Tricia

Greetings Jim...

See you managed to work in the Voyager trip:D

Too tempting.......I tried to figure out how to do January with you guys but couldn't work it out.......

Tell me it isn't so..........NO CHOPS on the Voyager??:eek: :eek:

If you are taking a shuttle van service from Orlando then you can also stay at any number of hotels near the Orlando Airport, then have your shuttle service pick you up the morning of the cruise to take you to the port.

The hotels close to the port jack up their rates the night before the cruises and availability can get difficult.

Can you tell me how you got this rate? $110.70 is the lowest rate I could find on their website.

Thanks!

Tricia

Not a problem.

A direct mailer came in the mail.

It says to call and ask for the ESM rate.

I scanned the mailer and uploaded it to my fotki.

http://images2.fotki.com/v332/photos/1/151555/3735199/HICocoaBeach-vi.jpg

Take Care.

The Radisson gets excellent reviews on this site overall. Also, check tripadvisor.com. While it looks like a really nice hotel, it's a ways to the beach. If the beach is what you want, the Radisson probably isn't for you. But, have seen photos of the nice pool. Transportation and parking is included, so that is another plus if needed.

We stayed in the Radisson last Nov and are staying again this Nov. We will not however use the shuttle again. Very disorganized and I've posted on this on other threads so I'm not going into it here. The hotel itself was fine and we enjoyed the bar and pool area. Our room was clean. The restaurant is not great for dinner, but breakfast was fine. We just plan on going elsewhere for dinner.

tampa baygirl, we just booked the holiday inn for $89.99 for sept 15. thanks. other hotels offered free shuttle & cost more, but we like that art shuttle because its @ the port when you get in. also we don't need a fancy breakfast before a cruise. thanks a bunch.

Archived