Port Canaveral Hotel for night before cruise?

Hi,:) I just stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa..this weekend.

It is right on the beach with quite a few restaurants within walking

distance.

Clean room, comfy bed and I would stay there again.

We stayed at the Residence Inn in June. We are looking again for Dec. I would also like to know taxi rates.

Also, does anyone know FL laws for a toddler in safety seat while in taxi or shuttle? Can you request a seat?

Thanks

Stayed @ the Radisson July 7th. The room was clean, the pool was nice. BF was okay. We didn't take the shuttle to the port because they said we had to wait till 1:30 due to being full @ the earlier times. Well, you have to check out at noon, so we drove over to the port and unloaded our luggage, my husband drove back to the Radisson, parked the car and took a taxi back...$10. We were on board between 1:30 & 2PM. We did take the shuttle back to the hotel. We did the self assist, baggage handler came up to us, took our luggage and we were on a shuttle heading to the hotel. We were in our car around 11AM.

I have been reading some of the reviews on the boards about the Radisson at the Port vs the Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral. I just made a reservation for the Residence for next June but now see some more info about the Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriot and the new Four Seasons Sheraton. Now I am really confused:confused: I need a one night stay and then want to leave our car there for the week. There will be my DH, DS (19) and DD(14) Those are ages at time of cruise. As you see we will need three bed types. Was able to get the Residence Inn for $161 but will have to add a roll away bed for $10. Does anyone have any experience with any of those hotels? I am also undecided about hotel shuttle vs. taxi. This will be our second cruise but the first time we flew in the day of the cruise. This time we are driving down the night before. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:) Thanks, Linda

We stayed at the new Residence Inn by Marriott earlier this month and really liked it. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good (cereal, fruit, yogurt, make-it-yourself waffles, pancakes, potatoes, scrambled eggs, juice). The pool was a nice size and their was a hot tub. Our room was $129 for one with 2 queens and and a living room with couch/dining table/kitchen. They stored one suitcase for us and had free internet access in the lobby at their business center. We parked there and used D & L taxi ($7 for van) to the port. We'd stay there again!

Heavenlysea: I would like to know a bit more about the taxi you got. We used Residence Inns' recommended shuttle and didn't have a problem. It was $6 pp round trip. We got picked up at 11, but the line was very long at port. We are back in December, this time 6 people, one being a toddler. I wonder if taking a taxi might be a better choice.:confused:

Thanks

I have given the Radisson two chances and both times it failed. Rooms did not look or smell clean at all. We took a taxi to the port and left our car at the hotel as the shuttle was a disorganized mess. I like the Marriott Courtyard which is a few miles south. Very nice and clean.

I just called central reservations to book the Residence Inn Cocoa beach 1 day prior to our cruise in October, and was told we could not leave our car there for the week....I thought I have read on these boards that you could:confused:

The res agent even put me on hold to check it out...do I need to call the hotel directly?

What have been the experiences of those who have stayed previously and left your car there?

Many thanks!

Kathy

I just called central reservations to book the Residence Inn Cocoa beach 1 day prior to our cruise in October, and was told we could not leave our car there for the week....I thought I have read on these boards that you could:confused:

The res agent even put me on hold to check it out...do I need to call the hotel directly?

What have been the experiences of those who have stayed previously and left your car there?

Many thanks!

Kathy

It looks like a very nice place from the outside...I passed by

on my way to the Best Western weekend before last.

I would definitely suggest calling the hotel directly about

the parking...ask for a Manager.

Sometimes the Reservation Centers don't know their a*** from

their elbows:eek:

Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn & Suites near the Radisson? I'm having trouble finding reviews on this hotel, and I'm thinking it may be a fairly new property.

Hi..I didn't go inside but I passed by it weekend before last on

my way to the Best Western.

It looks brand new though:) Wish I had stopped in for a peak~

then I could have reported back with some 1st hand knowledge.

We stayed at the new Residence Inn by Marriott earlier this month and really liked it. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good (cereal, fruit, yogurt, make-it-yourself waffles, pancakes, potatoes, scrambled eggs, juice). The pool was a nice size and their was a hot tub. Our room was $129 for one with 2 queens and and a living room with couch/dining table/kitchen. They stored one suitcase for us and had free internet access in the lobby at their business center. We parked there and used D & L taxi ($7 for van) to the port. We'd stay there again!

Heavenlysea, I tried looking up my price again and I still get $161 I wonder if it is because I am so far out in reserving my room (not until 6/30/07). I wonder if I call them direct if it would be cheaper??

I just got off the phone with the Residence Inn. The lady was very helpful but alas they can not offer me anything cheaper. They are just about booked for that night and when she pulled up some other combinations it actually cost more than what I am already paying. She did state that there is no problem parking your car there for the week. You just ask for a parking pass at the desk. I will still keep my ear out (I guess it is more my eye out) for a good deal but will hang on tight to what I have!:rolleyes:

I have been reading some of the reviews on the boards about the Radisson at the Port vs the Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral. I just made a reservation for the Residence for next June but now see some more info about the Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriot and the new Four Seasons Sheraton. Now I am really confused:confused: I need a one night stay and then want to leave our car there for the week. There will be my DH, DS (19) and DD(14) Those are ages at time of cruise. As you see we will need three bed types. Was able to get the Residence Inn for $161 but will have to add a roll away bed for $10. Does anyone have any experience with any of those hotels? I am also undecided about hotel shuttle vs. taxi. This will be our second cruise but the first time we flew in the day of the cruise. This time we are driving down the night before. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:) Thanks, Linda

Did you check the rate for the two bedroom suite? We booked it for 8/18-8/20 for $149/night, and then got a further discount b/c my mom, who is traveling with us, is a senior citizen.

We stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise and the Residence Inn post cruise a couple of weeks ago. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on both:

1. Rooms - We had a 1 bedroom King Whirlpool suite at the Radisson and a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom at the Residence Inn. Both rooms were spacious and clean. The Radisson had a wonderful sleep number bed. The Residence Inn was more of an apartment due to the size.

2. Complimentary Breakfast: The Residence Inn had a great hot buffet but the Radisson's had a made to order omelet bar. The Radisson had more of a dining room while the Residence Inn had more of a great room.

3. Parking: We used the free cruise parking at the Radisson which was very convenient! No comparison for the Residence Inn since we didn't use their parking.

4. Pool: By far, the Radisson had the best pool!! Nice waterfalls and a Koi pond nearby. The Residence Inn didn't have pool towels (the guests were not returning them).

5. Shuttle: We used Radisson's shuttle to the port and it was crowded but organized. They call your name when your shuttle is ready to depart and you show up with your bags and the driver loads them for you. You can wait inside and relax or find a place to sit outside. I would definitely use this service again!

I would easily stay at either hotel again! For more of a party atmosphere, I would stay at the Radisson. For the space and quiet, I would stay at the Residence Inn.

We stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise and the Residence Inn post cruise a couple of weeks ago. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on both:

1. Rooms - We had a 1 bedroom King Whirlpool suite at the Radisson and a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom at the Residence Inn. Both rooms were spacious and clean. The Radisson had a wonderful sleep number bed. The Residence Inn was more of an apartment due to the size.

2. Complimentary Breakfast: The Residence Inn had a great hot buffet but the Radisson's had a made to order omelet bar. The Radisson had more of a dining room while the Residence Inn had more of a great room.

3. Parking: We used the free cruise parking at the Radisson which was very convenient! No comparison for the Residence Inn since we didn't use their parking.

4. Pool: By far, the Radisson had the best pool!! Nice waterfalls and a Koi pond nearby. The Residence Inn didn't have pool towels (the guests were not returning them).

5. Shuttle: We used Radisson's shuttle to the port and it was crowded but organized. They call your name when your shuttle is ready to depart and you show up with your bags and the driver loads them for you. You can wait inside and relax or find a place to sit outside. I would definitely use this service again!

I would easily stay at either hotel again! For more of a party atmosphere, I would stay at the Radisson. For the space and quiet, I would stay at the Residence Inn.

Donna, How did you get the $149-2 bedroom suite rate. Does this unit have 2 baths? Four of us stayed in a single bedroom/2 queen uunit in June and really liked it. We are wanting to book in Dec for 6 of us. Thanks for the info.

Donna, How did you get the $149-2 bedroom suite rate. Does this unit have 2 baths? Four of us stayed in a single bedroom/2 queen uunit in June and really liked it. We are wanting to book in Dec for 6 of us. Thanks for the info.

Yes, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. I priced it on their website, but instead of booking it online (b/c I would have had to pay in full upfront), I called them and requested the same rate. I only had to hold the reservation with my credit card and have until 4pm that day to cancel without penalty. The reservation agent asked if anyone in our party belonged to AAA, AARP, etc, and that's how we got a 10% senior citizen discount.

I booked this in March, before the hotel was open, so the rates may have been lower then. I figured if there was a problem, or it got bad reviews, I could always back out and make other arrangements, so I had nothing to lose by reserving it before the hotel was operational.

We'd love to stay at the Radisson, with it's lovelier pools, or at an oceanfront hotel, but with 5 people, we'd need two rooms (since there is little to no large suite availability), and the price difference wasn't worth it for such a short stay. We even priced staying in a Disney-hotel (and then driving to the port in our rental car on Sunday morning), but we'd need two rooms or a 2-bedroom villa, and the rate was 4 to 5 times higher.

I've always been pleased with Residence Inns in the past, even though it is more business/apartment like and less resort-like. Excellent service, and will suit our needs for the 2 days pre-cruise.

Did you check the rate for the two bedroom suite? We booked it for 8/18-8/20 for $149/night, and then got a further discount b/c my mom, who is traveling with us, is a senior citizen.

When I called and spoke to the hotel direct it was going to be 189.00 for that room and that was with our AAA card. I bet that the rates were lower because it was not opened yet. The best rate was the king suite and adding a roll away for 10 more. Even the two queens was more expensive. I truly thought that I would have done better with the rate by reserving so far in advance. It seems that they are just about full. I get the same prices on the internet also. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Linda:)

Archived