Host Walt and Host Doug, Can we get our Active Users Area Working?

LAFFNVEGAS

Host Walt and Host Doug, We can now see that you are both on line. Is there going to be any way to get each board their Active Users area working? It was really nice when we could see who was on line in each board.

Thanks,:D

Did you check "User CP" first? Click there, then "Edit Options" then look at the first box, "Use Invisible Mode." If that is checked, you won't show up in the online box. At least, as far as I know. You should see my name, as I am not in the invisible mode. Do you?

The Active Users area is working, but I think the default in the User CP is to be in invisible mode. Since most people probably haven't changed this setting, they won't show up as Active Users. At least I think it was the default; I know I'm not in invisible mode and I think I had to change that.

At any rate, it is working.

Walt's and my names will always show up under the "Moderators" section. That doesn't mean we're on line, it just shows that we're the designated moderators for this board. If we're on line (and we're not in invisible mode - I know I'm not, not sure whether or not Walt is) we'll show up in the Active Users section as well.

Hi Host Doug, I have changed my User CP and I do show up on the Main Active Users Board. What we are wanting is to have the Break Down of who is on each indiviual board. Such as everyone that is currently signed on to the Holland America Board to show at the bottom of the page where it shows Active Users. I think most of us on the board show only our own handle saying one member on line and no one else and it says zero guests. It is hard to find our fellow HAL friends when there are 400 plus members signed on to all the boards.

Thanks for your help,

I can't be the only active user who is not using the invisible mode. But all the time, it's "tomc" and no guests. I mean, I wash and everything; I'm not some recluse in a filthy shack with dirty clothes and a messy computer and everybody is hiding from me.

I can't be the only active user who is not using the invisible mode. But all the time, it's "tomc" and no guests. I mean, I wash and everything; I'm not some recluse in a filthy shack with dirty clothes and a messy computer and everybody is hiding from me.

...at least not on my screen. ;)

But I don't see anyone else.

Where are you Tom? :confused:

It's lonely here, all alone. :(

Linda

Do you mean you can't see my name down at the bottom, in the Active box? I can see you are online 'cuz you have a green button next to your screen name, but you don't show up next to my name down below. Just me and "no guests." Another lonely Saturday night on the CC HAL board active users box.

We're either using it, or there's something wrong with the board system, for it only shows myself and our two moderators. Yes, I know others are online and posting.

SO ... guys ... there's a problem. And it ain't with us users ... we're set up to NOT be invisible, yet we only see ourselves.

There is a really neat feature that shows everyone whos on the boards and where they are at on the boards, all you have to do is:

Go down to the bottom of this page were is says "Forum Jump" pull down the arrow and go up to the top of the list it says "Site Areas" in Black and you will fine "Who's Online" click that and proof there we all are. This is really neat because it is in order so if there is someone special you are looking for it is easy to fine....

Click away and have fun:p

Debi D

Hey Debi --

That's a neat feature! Thanks.

I'd still like to know who is on any specific board, "specific" meaning "specifically this one." I'm sure the host with the most that we boast in our post will come up with an answer.

Mine shows krazyKruisers Viewing Forum Ask a Cruise Question but can't find Thulewx. Mine shows CINCY40 tomc DrukeI and Me&Him Viewing Forum Holland America Line. I haven't figured out the actual sort order yet since it doesn't quite seem to be what I remember from the alphabet.

Archived