Amerisuites or Wyndham - ft lauderdale

pabride2007

I am trying to book a group booking for 50 rooms at one of these hotels. I can't decide to pick which one though. Both have come back with similar pricing. This will be for April 2007. Any suggestions about either hotel would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Is this the Amerisuites 17th Street in FL? I've stayed there twice for a pre-cruise night, mainly because it is close to the port and you can park there for free all week. It's okay for one-night, but it isn't anything great, is somewhat rundown, and I've read they are starting to remodel, floor by floor, early next year. I know nothing about the Wyndham, but can't really recommend the Amerisuites without mentioning the above comments. I may stay there again in December if I get a good price --- but please know what you are getting yourself into - it's not all that special.

I have stayed at both but not recently. The Wyndham bought the old Hilton and it had not been renovated at all when we were there. If you just need a clean room, cheap and by the airport it is fine. I would take a chance on the Amerisuites if you want the availability of being able to walk to dining and the Intercoastal waterway plus the advantage of the free airport and port shuttles. The rate includes the continental breakfast too. More options available if you have a few hours to spend in Ft. Lauderdale.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Actually the hotel deteriorated and Hilton dropped the franchise, hence it's now Wyndham. Take a pass. Hilton did the right thing.

Amerisuites has been purchased by Hyatt. They're being transformed into Hyatt Place to compete with Marriott Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn. They are not putting any money into the Amerisuites as far as maintenance and replacement items (ie carpets, beds etc.) so they're starting to show a little wear and tear.

With a group of fifty, you should be able to get a decent group rate at any of the decent hotels in the area. Check around. ;)

Archived