Freedom of Seas--is there an iron? What about hangers?

No irons in any cabin on any RCI ship. Plenty of hangers for 2 people, if you're a thrifty packer. I do bring more since DH wears employer supplied uniform and we have tons of hangers. Then I just leave them when its time to go home.

We pack some of our clothes on their hangars so that I don't have to spend time unpacking and putting them on hangars. I put dry cleaner bags over these clothes and they are pretty wrinkle free. If you do need more hangars, your room steward will get some for you.

If you want, you can take a steamer or take some Wrinkle Release. I have found that my clothes aren't as wrinkly in the Caribbean as they are at home. That humid Caribbean air helps to take the wrinkles out.

You are not permitted to bring an iron for personal use onboard ship. Some cruiseships do have "self-laundry rooms", but not RCI nor Celebrity. As mentioned the light plastic dry cleaner bags trick really works. I too often pack a few extra plastic hangers, especially those with clips and shoulder hooks. You can always send your things to be pressed if necessary. I usually pack at least two days before our trip and it includes a pre-cruise night stay. Most wrinkles fall out. Don't pack too much Rayon.

Bon Voyage

This thread is somewhat repetitive of what has been posted/responded to on other threads about hangars, and I don't want to start "that" debate again.

For all of you that are new to cruising, RCCL does not provide irons in the rooms (possibly because they may cause a fire hazard); there is nothing on RCCL's website that states a passenger is not permitted to bring a iron on board (if there is that specific wording, please bring it to my attention, because I was just on the website and couldn't find it).

That being said, we bought a small travel-iron on board our cruise this past April and frankly, really only used it only once or twice.

As at home, or in hotels, or anywhere else we may have an iron, we remember to shut it off when we are not using it and hope that other passengers do the same.

For our next cruise we may not bring the iron at all, and may try the downy wrinkle release (probably more portable and lighter to carry in baggage!), because being on the cruise in April, I really couldn't be bothered to iron my clothes and went for "ultra-casual" (read: wrinkled)!:D

Wrinkle Releasor is by Downy is terrific -- but the bottle, while rather small, is still too tall for my tote bag and I won't put it in the check-on so it's not going .... we will just smooth our clothes out and make do and that's that. BTW, anyone noticed how many clothing items seem meant to have wrinkles? At least that's how they appear when on the store racks, especially anything linen!

And as spmeone mentioned. Downey Wrinkle Release is my new best friend.

Debbie

For all of you that are new to cruising, RCCL does not provide irons in the rooms (possibly because they may cause a fire hazard); there is nothing on RCCL's website that states a passenger is not permitted to bring a iron on board (if there is that specific wording, please bring it to my attention, because I was just on the website and couldn't find it).

Can it be any clearer?

"Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard. "

From: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/onboardExtrasFaq.do;jsessionid=0000fnn5eDgo05G-RSmn1dj1GdL:10kohi76p

Yup, I saw that same thing.

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

I guess only blind people can't see it.

A fire hazard is a fire hazard and bringing your own doesn't make it less of one.

Archived