Special Needs Phone Number, Please!

wizard-of-roz

I have some special needs questions....and, I need their direct phone number for Diamond Princess. It seems TA's (no matter who we use) never get this right, on their own!:rolleyes: I'm a TCB kind of person and I don't like to leave the important details for the last minute. ;)

I am bringing my service dog onboard and I need to know where they will be setting up her potty box? Interesting question, heh?

Once I board the ship, I immediately take her to the box, give her her commands and the rest of the trip is a breeze! :p

Thanks,

Roz

Roz, Unfortunately there is NO special needs department at Princess and therefore no number to give you. I would e-mail the ship directly. Perhaps to the purser's attention and see if they get back to you. You have filled out the form to let them know you are bringing your dog haven't you? If not you can get that from the Princess site where it says you can download forms.

To the OP: I am sure Coral will see your post. Her mother travels with a service dog and she should be able to let you know how to go about making the arrangements.

I know I have seen pictures of her on her on cruises and they, (not Princess), placed a small grass area on the balcony for the pup to use on one of the ships.

Hi,

"Coral" here and we have taken "Island Dog aka as Erin" on about a dozen cruises, mostly with Princess. If you want to email me directly - feel freel. My email address is in my signature - just click the link.

The department you will need to speak to is Fleet Medical. Princess must be notified in writing about bringing the service dog on the ship. As soon you as fax them information about bringing the Service Dog on Princess, Fleet Medical is notified and will send you some information including their phone number and email address. My TA forwards this on to me and she has no problems with me working directly with Fleet Medical. So, we work with Fleet Medical and Fleet Medical works with the individual ship. The individuals we have dealt with Fleet Medical have been extremely helpful and professional.

Personally - I wouldn't email the ship directly. Fleet Medical works with the ship. Maybe at one time, it was unusual to bring a service dog onboard but it no longer is.

Theresa

THANK YOU ALL! I've emailed the medical department on June 8, 2006. I have not heard from them, yet! Which is why I was starting to worry. When I spoke to my TA, she said, "everything is taken care of"!? I will be sure to be in contact with Medical again, via email, as my cruise gets closer...Sept. 30th.

Katisdale: Thanks for the advice.

Toto2Kansas: Thanks to you too!

Pam: I found her! Aren't these boards the best?

Coral: I will email you directly!

SingerEsq: I live, work and am with this dog, on a daily basis and she still amazes me! ;)

Happy Sails,

Roz

And I can't even train my golden retriever to stop crawling under the bed in the middle of the night from which she cannot extricate herself without help, much less open a door for someone .... don't think she'll ever be assistance dog material. :rolleyes:

116_1676.jpg.ae18f8e4646c0b036075390eaa4a9c98.jpg

SingerEsq: You definetly gave me my laugh for the day. What a great picture!

When "Brenda" was in training all she wanted to do was take all the wheelchairs out the door and put them in the parking lot. One, by one she would pull them from the classroom, "poke" open the door with her nose and pull them out! When a child was put into a wheelchair what do you think she did with him? Out to the parking lot he went!

Needless to say, the trainers decided that because "Brenda" had so much energy, it might be best to redirect her to be a "hearing dog" and not a "service dog"! She is so nosey and always ready to help, she's perfect for her work with me! Although, I do have to remind her to "slow down" and "stop butting into people's conversations"! When they don't need her help!

Roz

SingerEsq: You definetly gave me my laugh for the day. What a great picture!

When "Brenda" was in training all she wanted to do was take all the wheelchairs out the door and put them in the parking lot. One, by one she would pull them from the classroom, "poke" open the door with her nose and pull them out! When a child was put into a wheelchair what do you think she did with him? Out to the parking lot he went!

Needless to say, the trainers decided that because "Brenda" had so much energy, it might be best to redirect her to be a "hearing dog" and not a "service dog"! She is so nosey and always ready to help, she's perfect for her work with me! Although, I do have to remind her to "slow down" and "stop butting into people's conversations"! When they don't need her help!

Roz

That is very funny. Thanks for sharing.

nana nancy: I spoke with Fleet Medical, at Princess, they referred me to: Jenny Lucas at Fleet Medical. At fax: #661.753.1306.

I faxed all my information and requests for my service dog over to her, and we'll see.

I'll keep you informed as to how it all goes and I will post my critique of the ship/treatment of "Brenda", etc......

Again, thanks for helping me! It's why I love these boards, because of people like you!

Fondly,

Roz

Roz... let us know how it all turns out. (And yes, I thought it was Coral who traveled sometimes with a service dog but didn't want to put her name out there without knowing for sure.)

Coral, just saw your photos of Erin. Now that's a great way to reserve a lounger! :):) (JK!)

Pam in MA: I will let you all know how Princess responds to my special needs.

Thanks so much for your concern. Coral has emailed me, directly, in reponse to helping, as well!

Don't you just love the interest and concerns of our fellow travelers!

I wish I could cruise with ALL of you!

Much Love,

Roz

Archived