Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Arghhh, the one time I got one as good as yours (well, maybe not technically), you posted before me. I have dibs on the sunset :)

The Bora Bora sunset is yours, my friend! :D

I'll post this one from Tauranga instead!

large.jpg

It was the trip of sunrises and sunsets!

Dave

Great article. I saved that one....

Dave,

I am going to Tahiti in October.... Will you give me some suggestions to get great shots while there? I'm still playing with my camera to get used to it...... lol.......

Where in the Tahiti group are you going? papaeete (Mexihiti) was unimpressive, but we would return to Bora Bora for more than a casual visit.

As for "playing" with your camera...I used to call that "practice"!;)

Hang in there and have fun with it!

Dave

Dave,

We're going to Tahiti and then staying on Moorea for 3 nights. I asked for a room with a sunset view:D .. We'll see how that works out....lol.... We'll be going to Bora, Bora, Moorea again, Huahine, Rangiroa and Raiatea. So lot's of sunset opportunities. For me, the world will stop for sunsets....lol.... Luckily, the crowd I'm with feels the same way.....

Dave,

We're going to Tahiti and then staying on Moorea for 3 nights. I asked for a room with a sunset view:D .. We'll see how that works out....lol.... We'll be going to Bora, Bora, Moorea again, Huahine, Rangiroa and Raiatea. So lot's of sunset opportunities. For me, the world will stop for sunsets....lol.... Luckily, the crowd I'm with feels the same way.....

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary!

I do have a bit of news that may excite or depress you, depending on you sleep habits...sunrises are beautiful too and the world is already pretty much stopped at that time of day! :D

Whichever end of the day you end up seeing, have a wonderful trip and take pictures!

Dave

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary!

I do have a bit of news that may excite or depress you, depending on you sleep habits...sunrises are beautiful too and the world is already pretty much stopped at that time of day! :D

Whichever end of the day you end up seeing, have a wonderful trip and take pictures!

Dave

Dave,

I think you figured out something about me already.....lol.... I don't do "early"...... Though I did get some good shots during the Panama Canal transit. And I was the one up early. Everyone else stayed in bed for another hour. But I had my spot..lol....

Will be up I'm sure for at least one sunrise. Especially with the time difference the first day or two. And I will take alot of photos. I'm considering a 3rd memory card:eek: But between diving and all the other shots, I may need it....lol....

Sheila,

there's no photo there! :(

Pierces, your panoramas are really beautiful. The horizons are perfectly straight and undistorted. What zoom did you use for the individual shots? How many shots are in each image? Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

Almost all were taken hand-held with my Minolta 28-75 f/2.8 at the wide end. They range from 3-7 images with the camera set on manual exposure to keep the exposure even. The panos were made using the free Autostitch utility, straightened (if needed) and touched up in PS.

Here's a 7-shot sunset that has a native 3000x18000 resolution.

original.jpg

The horizon needs a bit of touch-up, but it came out pretty straight.

now I need to find someone that can print at 10" x 60"!:D

Dave

Archived