Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

Last month, we were on the Emerald Princess. In Grenada, the ship docked with the island in front of the ship. So I went on the promenade deck at the very front of the ship. I call this area "the pelican mouth" because when you look at the ship from the side, it looks like a pelican mouth...

Anyway, I took a series of 5 pictures from there and I made a panoramic view of it using the photostitch program that came with my little Canon Powershot camera. I think it does a great job...

2090557840054935757S600x600Q85.jpg

I know this particular picture is not a real sunset/sunrise photo but I put it here because it seems that there is a little bit of discussion about panoramic pictures lately...

Alain

Here are a couple of my favorites from our recent cruise. They were taken from Constellation as we were preparing to depart St. Thomas as the sun was setting. The first is shows thereflections of sunlight off of Explorer of the Seas as we prepare to depart. The second shows DW looking to see if some friends on the deck above are out and also captures reflections off of Explorer of the Seas.

Cruise2008March231.jpg

Cruise2008March235.jpg

Alain,

Cool shot.... I love that..... Now, where is that area again on the ship?? lol.... I would love to try to do that in Tahiti......

2923417540054935757S425x425Q85.jpg

I don't think there is a place like this on the Tahitian Princess...

Alain

Got quite a batch from the last trip:

Leaving Papeete:

large.jpg

Dave

Another quality photo Dave.

I was trying to think of another wise guy reply, but I couldn't think of one this time. So I thought I would be nice for a change. I hope you don't mind. :)

Another quality photo Dave.

I was trying to think of another wise guy reply, but I couldn't think of one this time. So I thought I would be nice for a change. I hope you don't mind. :)

Ary you going to be ok? Does it hurt? :D

Seriously, thanks.

Dave

Archived