FLL-Hilton Garden Inn Airport/Hollywood

prarie cruiser

Have now given up entirely on Amerisuites (bad reviews) and having concerns about Hampton Inn (neighborhood). I found the Hilton Garden Inn for $89 for a one night pre-cruise. It is 2 years old, has airport to hotel and hotel to cruise ship transport, but does not seem to have a free breakfast.

Would appreciate any feedback on this hotel! I promise to make a hotel choice soon!

None of the Garden Inns have a free breakfast. You gotta pay. The 89.00 is an excellent price. Grab it.

Garden Inns are considered by Hilton a little more upscale from some others in their chain. They are all fairly new. I have stayed in one in another state numerous times. Here is a little info:

• The rooms are larger than Hampton's.
  • The all have an indoor pool/spa area.
  • They have lunch and dinner available, also room service.
  • There is a small bar in the dining area. Some have a happy hour with reduced pricing.
  • Coffee and tea is avaialbe 24 hours in the lobby. Fresh baked cookies show up in the evening.
  • There are 2 types of breakfast's available, continental and fresh cooked.
    • Continental includes coffee, juices, fresh fruit, bagels, pasteries, cereal, make your own waffles.
    • The other breakfast includes the continental plus bacon/sausage/potatoes/eggs/pancakes or french toast.

I am a Hilton Gold member so I get free continental so I don't remember the cost but I always thought the breakfast prices were on the high side. Lunch and dinner prices were decent.

Have now given up entirely on Amerisuites (bad reviews) and having concerns about Hampton Inn (neighborhood). I found the Hilton Garden Inn for $89 for a one night pre-cruise. It is 2 years old, has airport to hotel and hotel to cruise ship transport, but does not seem to have a free breakfast.

Would appreciate any feedback on this hotel! I promise to make a hotel choice soon!

Did you get that price direct or thru priceline or some other engine?

Ron

Can I post to Ron please?

Did you get that price direct or thru priceline or some other engine?

Ron

Ron, someone posted a direct link for you on the Sleep Inn thread for the night of Dec 1:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=FL664&sid=Sohjg.A9nmMgxji.6&sarea=5599&sname=Dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=26.051944732666016&slon=-80.1441650390625&schain=A&exp=&scity=Dania&sort=&month=12&day=1&depart_month=12&depart_day=2&srp=SSO&nadult=1&nchild=0

Rates start at $95.99. Hope that helps!

A~

Yeh - I got that - the best they have more my dates is $135.99. I think I will book Amerisuites thru valuetrips and then start a priceline quest for the Hyatt Pier 66 - I got it last year for $90.

Ron

Have you stayed at Amerisuites before? I was there twice last summer, and although it is "acceptable" to many, I have decided that it isn't a good way to start off my cruise. The rooms were dingy, musty, smelly, air didn't work in our first room, staff was indifferent at best, an overall run down hotel. The only good thing was the complimentry breakfast. Actually I would say it was decent. The space they provided to dine was very limited though.

If I could be assurred that the renovations would be complete by my travel date, then I would consider it... otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

Hope you have better luck with Priceline than I was having this year! It seems there inventory sources (and prices) as changed since last year!

And I certainly hope you were teasing that we were toying with you! I was only trying to help in the short amount of time I had!

Good Luck!

A~

I just checked Holiday Inn Express right on 17th street - advance purchase for $128.99 with airport shuttle and free breakfast - I may go for this if I can find out what advance ourchase is. There are a lot of good restaurants in this area and wine/spirit stores. I was just getting frustrated with the smarttravel site.

Ron

Breakfast would not be a deal maker or breaker for me. I can eat a pack of nabs and a diet coke. I would go for it. :)

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this past January. The location is okay - not the best neighborhood, but okay. The hotel itself is nice and clean and the staff very accomdating. They do offer breakfast - but it is not free - I can't remember the exact price but seems like it was pricey for what they offered. There is a Burger King across the street as well as restaurants and a shopping area on the other side of Sterling road which was about 1/2 block from the hotel. They do offer transportation - we had a rental car so didn't need from the airport. The shuttle to the port has set times - I think the earliest it leaves for the port is 11:30ish.

A taxi to the port is about $25.00 I did write a review on tripadvisor if you care to read it.

Archived