Galveston Hotels W/ Cruise Parking

TXParrothead

We are staying at The San Luis Resort in October. It has covered parking and they will let you leave your vehicle for the week.

You can also go to Galveston.com and find further information.

We used the HI on the beach in April. The hotel is really nice...clean and the transportation is reliable. It is rather expensive but for free parking for a week and transportation to and from the port, we thought it was a good value. Our driver gave us her card with cell phone number on it. When we got back to port and finished with customs, we called her and she had someone pick us up within 10 minutes. They took us right to our car and helped us load our bags. He even had cold, bottled water for us. You can't beat that service. I would recommend them to anyone. Now, remember. It's a Holiday Inn not a 5 star resort. But if you want a nice clean reasonable place to spend one night, you can't beat it.

I stayed at the Ramada ($43.00). They offer free parking for those taking a cruise. While they didn't have a shuttle, I got a cab for $5.00 to the port. It was the same coming back. Basically, I'm looking for something that is going to be clean and safe since I just need a place to sleep and leave my car.

I'm a budget hunter, I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for a hotel room before getting on a cruise. So when it comes to a pre-cruise stay I narrow down my options and then check the places out on tripadvisor.com to see what people who have actually stayed there said.

I am staying at Howard Johnson on Harbor Drive. For two people its $56.99 that does not include tax. There is no shuttle but you can take a cab for $10. Not too bad. You can park your car there free for the week that you will cruise.

Robb

We are staying at the Hilton again.. they have Free Shuttles back and forth and Free parking ( I shouldn't say Free as the hotel is pricey) but the Hotel is really nice and pool is great - very conveniently located right across the street from the beach - next door to Rainforest Cafe and Ihop (?) for breakfasts. Only thing is that they make you book two nights instead of only Saturday night.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am curious has anyone tried the Harbor House? They are 95 that night but a 30 dollar parking charge. Might as well use EZ cruise parking. Is it worth it?

I priced HH, but thought they required a 2 night stay. :confused:

almost every hotel in galveston offers cruise parking while your on your cruise, not all offer a ride to the port, but no matter which hotel you stay at in galveston it should not cost more than $10.00 for a cab ride to the port. which is better then the $70.00 the port charges for 7 days. :)

Most Of The Hotels That Say They Require A 2 Night Minnimum Will Wave That Policie If You Call Them Direct And Tell Them You Want To Stay 1 Night For A Next Day Cruise. And Some Even Offer Cruise Deals. We Are Leaving 8-6-06 On The Conquest And Reserved A Room At The Quality Inn & Suits In Galveston. No 2 Night Minnimum, Plus They Will Let You Leave Your Car While Your On Your Cruise, But You Have To Take A Cab To The Port.:)

I would get a hotel at a reasonable price, say $40-$50 per night and then drive to the port and part at the EZ Parking. We did that and it was cheaper then those high price hotels, plus EZ Parking is right across the street from the dock. We stayed at Gaido's Seaside Inn right on the gulf, clean rooms and breakfast! You can also get the cruise package from Gaido's and leave your car there, but we just felt better leaving it at the EZ Parking. Oh and you can get a discount from EZ Parking if you get your ticket online.

When we tried to book last year and this year, the "nice" places required a 2 night stay. We are very frequent guests at the Holiday Inn and Hilton Chains (Club card holders) and they would not/coud not change the 2 night required stay.

Last year we stayed at LaQuinta at 14th and Seawall and this year the Best Western at 59 and Seawall. Both were cheap, safe, and adequate. Nothing to take pictures of but acceptable. Our group requires 6 rooms (2 per family) and we could not afford 200 per room (400 per night) so $800 for really 1 night stay-2 rooms- before cruising is not ok.

We are staying at The San Luis Resort in October. It has covered parking and they will let you leave your vehicle for the week.

did you have to stay 2 nights?

I also had a great experience with Holiday Inn. They took us to the pier and were there waiting for us when we got back. The view from our hotel room was beautiful. Like the previous poster said, the lady gives you her business card and cell phone number if she is not there waiting. I recommend it.

Which hotels would you recommend that include cruise parking and transportation? I have looked at the Galvez.....are there any other alternatives? Thanks

Harbor House - it is worth the extra to watch your ship come in the morning of your cruise - you can drop people off at the pier and walk to the terminal!

also - there is a forum for Pre- and Post cruise Hotels - that is where this post belongs...

Unless things have changed since December; the San Luis does not have covered parking. They do have a large parking lot in the back of the hotel...that's where we left our vehicle. Maybe I missed something?

232271...Our stay at the San Luis did not require a 2-night minimum and that was Dickens on the Strand weekend. It's such a beautiful place with breath-taking views of the Gulf!

Unless things have changed for the better in the last couple of months, which I doubt, the Flagship in Galveston is probably not the best choice. It's built out over the Gulf - a great concept - but there have been a lot of problems with management/upkeep.

Just a note for any of you driving into Galveston from either airport and needing hotel/motel rooms. If you aren't set on staying in Galveston proper, there are LOTS of new-ish motels in the Clear Lake area of Houston. This is the area surrounding NASA/Johnson Spacecraft Center. We are approximately 30 minutes S of Houston Hobby and 30 minutes north of the cruise port in Galveston. Most lodging in this area should have addresses on NASA Parkway/NASA Road #1 (name change going on) or Bay Area Blvd. Many of the motels are less than a mile east of I-45 with easy access. There are also some good restaurants in close proximity to the motels.

They are building a covered parking lot at the San Luis or that is what I was told when we booked the rooms. It is suppose to be completed by October when we sail but if not, oh well, WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!:D

They are building a covered parking lot at the San Luis or that is what I was told when we booked the rooms. It is suppose to be completed by October when we sail but if not, oh well, WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!:D

Thanks for the update on the covered parking situation. That is great to hear!

Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

We're staying at the Super 8 for one night, Sept. 9, for a little over $52 a night (AARP discount). They let you park there for free while you cruise. When I called there, the lady told me that folks do that all the time and they haven't had any problems. We booked the Super 8 thru the Super 8 official Website. Cheaper than Travelocity, etc. With the $$ we'll save, we can treat ourselves to dinner at Gaido's (yummmy)!

Archived