Galveston Hotels W/ Cruise Parking

TXParrothead

let me know how you like the Victorian Condo Resort in Galveston. I am looking at booking it for 4 nights in May for me, my husband, my daugher and my 4 year old grandson. Also, am thinking about it for a night for my daugher and her fiance (they'll be married by that time). It will be for a night like you before they take the Conquest for their honeymoon. Let us know how the free parking and shuttle to the cruise terminal was, and how the free hot breakfast they provided was. Have a great time in Galveston and on your cruise!:)

Stayed at the Baymont Inn in Galveston and they offer free parking to cruise guest. No shuttle service but a taxi ride is relatively inexpensive. The lot is not locked but is well lit and no through traffic since the motel is at the end of the street.

It is fairly new, very clean, offers a good list of ammenities, and is very convenient to get to.

My mom & I stayed at the Victorian last December before our last Rhapsody cruise--some pluses and minuses. Great room for a family--separate bedroom, a bunk bed in the hallway for the kiddos, a full kitchen, and a sleeper-sofa in the living room. The furniture was, shall I say, well-loved? As I understand, a number of the units were individually owned--so all were different. It wasn't bad--just a bit worn about the edges.

We stayed two nights--it was Dickens on the Strand weekend, and I think I paid about $70 a night. Obviously, it will be more in the summer months. Very conveniently located--a Wal-Mart right next door for last minute purchases.

The Continental Breakfast was fairly typical--Make your own waffles, bagels, coffee, etc.

Parking under the building while we were staying on the premises, but they had you move your car to the back of the property while you were cruising. If you are looking for covered parking--not here.

Shuttle was just transportation--no help with bags offered by the driver. Thanks goodness for help from other cruisers. I travel in a wheelchair, and it would have been impossible without their help.

I would stay there again--but don't expect a posh resort!

Texas Boop (Betty) - We will be sailing the Rhapsody at Christmas and are looking at the Victorian for the pre-cruise stay. Thank you for the write up. My biggest concern is leaving my vehicle at hotel - did you have any problems there and do you know how well they are watched?

No problem whatsoever with the car when we came back--As I recall, the property does have wrought-iron gates that are closed in the evening--all but the one right by the entrance. I suppose if anyone really wanted in, they could get in, but the back entrances were locked.

Extremely convenient location--

We just booked at the Hotel Galvez after searching several threads on this forum. We paid $140, which is a lot compared to the Ramada ($80, we are looking at late March, which is getting into spring break season). The rate was for a package deal, which included and upgrade to an oceanview room; in room breakast; turndown service; cheese, crackers, and wine; and a rose on the bed.

Parking is $10 for the night we stay there, but free for the length of the cruise. They provide shuttle service to and from the port.

The online (prepay, no refund) cost was $107, or $120 to simply reserve and have the regular cancelation policy. We had to join their rewards program to get the special package, but that was free to do.

We have the older LaQuinta (1400 block) reserved for May 18th and 19th and May 27th ($75). Is this a bad choice? We may not need car parking.

After reading Trip Advisors reviews we switched:eek:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55879-d98881-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Galveston-Galveston_Texas.html

see for yourself.

good luck.

Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian Resort & Conference Center

6300 Seawall Blvd.

Phone: (409)740-3555

Free parking, free shuttle and heated swimming pool with balcony overlooking the gulf for $159.00 night. No minimum #2 night. We are booked on our May cruise. It sounds like my family will enjoy this resort.

Click here: http://www.victoriancondo.com/

We stayed at Wynham Hotel at the Strand the last time. There were no parking available there.

see reviews on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55879-d98887-Reviews-Hawthorn_Suites_at_The_Victorian_Resort-Galveston_Texas.html

We are staying at The San Luis Resort in October. It has covered parking and they will let you leave your vehicle for the week.

You can also go to Galveston.com and find further information.

How was your stay? Was there covered parking? We have this booked November 18 and would love to hear your review of it! Was the pool heated? thanks so much!:)

We have the older LaQuinta (1400 block) reserved for May 18th and 19th and May 27th ($75). Is this a bad choice? We may not need car parking.

We stayed there earlier this year before our Grand cruise. Hopefully your experience will be better than ours. Our room was on the 3rd floor at the back overlooking the neighborhood and parking lot. No elevator, you have to haul all your own luggage up 3 floors because I really didn't trust leaving anything in the car. The room itself didn't look or feel "clean". The bed felt like a piece of plywood with a foam pad over it. We paid $99 for the night and $70 to park for the week. For the next cruise, I did my research. We are staying at Tremont for $148 for one night. However, we get free parking for the week at their sister hotel the Galvez. I am actually coming out $22 ahead. I'm not trying to scare you, but I will never stay at that LQ ever again.

Robtx100 - Can I ask how you got the Tremont for $148.00/nite. We are cruising out of Galveston on March 24th and are flying down the day before. I have been trying Priceline for the 3 Stars in Galveston - (Tremont, Galvez, and Hilton), but as yet haven't gotten any hits. We would like to stay in a nice hotel without being taken to the bank. Any suggestions are appreciated.:)

let me know how you like the Victorian Condo Resort in Galveston. I am looking at booking it for 4 nights in May for me, my husband, my daugher and my 4 year old grandson. Also, am thinking about it for a night for my daugher and her fiance (they'll be married by that time). It will be for a night like you before they take the Conquest for their honeymoon. Let us know how the free parking and shuttle to the cruise terminal was, and how the free hot breakfast they provided was. Have a great time in Galveston and on your cruise!:)

We stayed there in August of this year. Had a three bedroom condo for nine of us. I was really quite pleased with them. The breakfast was good. The only problems we had were that they only wanted to allow two cars to park for free while we were cruising. I explained that I had called ahead and verified that we could all park there and they said okay then. The other problem, or rather and inconvenience, was that the elevators are really small which created somewhat of a problem getting everything loaded for the ride to the pier. The shuttle was okay I guess. My husband and the other men drove us women to the pier with the luggage and caught a ride back on the shuttle. They took a cab(cheap) when we got back to Galveston. Would I stay there again? Yes, without a doubt.

Robtx100 - Can I ask how you got the Tremont for $148.00/nite. We are cruising out of Galveston on March 24th and are flying down the day before. I have been trying Priceline for the 3 Stars in Galveston - (Tremont, Galvez, and Hilton), but as yet haven't gotten any hits. We would like to stay in a nice hotel without being taken to the bank. Any suggestions are appreciated.:)

Spring break will command the higher $$s

I reserved the new Baymont in Galveston. Can anyone tell me about this place? I know it just opened in August and supposedly we get a "new hotel" rate which is only good until the end of May. We want to see Galveston so is this a good location without a car?

Archived