Attire in Pinnacle Grill

wgeddings

Just to be sure: I immediately, and unconditionally, volunteer to be Assistant to the VP (thereby assuring said VP of unlimited chaplain duties at-will) at a to-be-determined salary commensurate with ability. Just let me know the starting date! :D

Paul

(you have my email, as well! :) )

May I be assistant to the assistant of the VP? I'm good at stuff like that :D

The to-be-determined salary is fine. As long as room and board are included. ;) my DH is a licensed Electrician, so he can help out too :D

May I be assistant to the assistant of the VP? I'm good at stuff like that :D

The to-be-determined salary is fine. As long as room and board are included. ;) my DH is a licensed Electrician, so he can help out too :D

Well, I'm still waiting on word from the VP-to-be!! Once I get confirmation, you're IN!!! :D

Paul

who's not sure that the position would be "boarded" on a ship...sounds like land-based to moi! :(

Well, I'm still waiting on word from the VP-to-be!! Once I get confirmation, you're IN!!! :D

Paul

who's not sure that the position would be "boarded" on a ship...sounds like land-based to moi! :(

Ahh you're right! :eek: Well, I still accept your offer...as long as my comp plan includes a free cruise (for 2) every quarter ;)

Paul and Mary ... sigh ... I sure wish it could happen. But ... it won't. Not a snowball's chance in the very depths of Hell. :( But, it's nice to dream about ... and I WOULD need a staff in such a position. :D

But ... Mary ... why would someone who lives in the Paradise of Hawaii want to go live in Seattle?? :)

Which reminds me. You DO know that a CC group will be coming to Hawaii on the Zaandam in October! IF you live anywhere near where we'll be docking, why don't you come down and take photos and meet us!? :)

Which reminds me. You DO know that a CC group will be coming to Hawaii on the Zaandam in October! IF you live anywhere near where we'll be docking, why don't you come down and take photos and meet us!? :)

I live on the Island of Oahu and would LOVE LOVE LOVE! to come down and take photos and meet y'all. Usually the ships on Oahu dock at Aloha Tower.

When is the ship scheduled to be on Oahu?

I'm sure at least some of us would LOVE to see you!

Disregard my post on your other thread ... I hadn't read this one first. :)

So ... what would YOU suggest we see???

You might want to visit our group thread and see what we've been talking about. We have a group Luau planned for when we're in Honolulu, and that's about it.

Our Group Cruise ("The Voyage of the Spammed") Discussion board is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=242

:)

If nobody else, I would enjoy meeting you and getting pictures made, etc. :)

In the PG on ZUI this past March, four men in my large dining party were told that they would need jackets to be seated. They were nice about, went and changed and were allowed in.

I was impressed that the standards were upheld and the PG manager was very polite and very firm.:)

In the PG on ZUI this past March, four men in my large dining party were told that they would need jackets to be seated. They were nice about, went and changed and were allowed in.

Yes ... sometimes Dress Code enforcement DOES happen.

Those who have encouraged people to go on a HAL cruise without taking a jacket because "Formal Nights aren't enforced anymore" should take NOTE of this. How sad and embarrassing it would be to be told you couldn't be seated for dinner because someone told you you didn't need to take a jacket.

It is odd. All the warnings and still some do not care to follow the rule. And if you think about it, you can get the same meal delivered to you via room service or eat in the other areas (well, not the Pinnacle Grill). One cruise, i elected not to take a jacket and just planned on not eating in the dining room on formal night. My wife and daughter took appropriate clothes. On the first formal night, the waiters noticed my son and I were not there and so did the head waiter. They insisted that on the second formal night, my wife try to encourage us to come since many other people were not even wearing coats and ties. Of course, this was Carnival, so it was a little different. I thought it would be no big deal not to eat in the dining room those nights but I found that I did miss it so now always take appropriate clothes (in that instance, we bought some stuff so were appropriate).

Yes ... sometimes Dress Code enforcement DOES happen.

Those who have encouraged people to go on a HAL cruise without taking a jacket because "Formal Nights aren't enforced anymore" should take NOTE of this. How sad and embarrassing it would be to be told you couldn't be seated for dinner because someone told you you didn't need to take a jacket.

Unfortunately, those who might go jacket-less are not likely those who would l be reading these forums! :eek:

Paul ;)

whose head is bowed in reverence of those who are ill-informed

• 2 weeks later...

Don, there is no tip added to the $20 charge; a very small part of the $10 per person, per day does go to Pinnacle staff.

If you do wish to tip beyond this you might want to consider what the meal would cost on land and determine an additional tip on that amount.

After reviewing past experience I find that my average tip in the Pinnacle is about $5 per-person for the waiter and $2 for the assistant. At least, based upon my past notes and in talking with Christopher that's what I've managed to reconstruct. Some might consider it a bit on the low side, while others might think it a bit much. If I were having a similar meal on land in a comparable restaurant I certainly WOULD be tipping more, but aboard ship ... well ... I suppose I'm being cheap.

Archived