Cost of liquor by the bottle to consume on board.

sirarthur

I am not really into smuggling even though I live in Florida so I would like to find out approximately what the cost would be for a 750ml of Crown Royal or Dewars scotch that I may take to my room and consume it there.

I had this information on my puter - I believe it is from 2004 or 2005 - but it will give you an idea until someone comes up with up to date info...

Dewar's - $ 44/bottle

Crown Royal - $ 56/bottle

(for some reason my puter won't copy/past entire liquor schedule/pricing)

Here is a link on Packages (not including your brands)

https://home.comcast.net/~timothy.baker/stateroombeveragepackage.htm

On the Pdam the best but was Cutty Sark at about $15.00 per litre plus 15% for them to bring it to your cabin. No self serve. Other premium scotch and ryes were in the $30.00 range which was usually three to four times as expensive as shoreside except in India.

At first we poured contraband into plastic waterbottles lest we set off the metal detectors but didnt bother as we went along. Just bring it aboard in a zipped bag ie a backpack (mine would hold 6 litres) and they wont usually violate your privacy unless you also have a gun in there.

The people who had their booze confiscated generally had it in open bags or with the liquor store name on it that the crew couldn't ignore with impunity.

Tastes better as well.

Ides.

I ordered ahead last year for our Veendam cruise and paid $35 for a liter of Dewars. When we arrived in the cabin, there it was, all gift wrapped in nautical gift paper, and it was 12 year old Dewars, not the regular......jean:cool:

I ordered ahead last year for our Veendam cruise and paid $35 for a liter of Dewars. When we arrived in the cabin, there it was, all gift wrapped in nautical gift paper, and it was 12 year old Dewars, not the regular......jean:cool:

We have done the same thing on Celebrity and NCl. It has always been in our cabin when we walk in, complete with glasses and ice. NCL did charge a 3.00 service charge but no Florida tax. NMNIta

If you order it ahead of time from ships services there is NO gratuities and NO tax. We bought the vodka tonic package in December, it was $32 for a bottle of stoli and 4 tonic waters.

If you order it ahead of time from ships services there is NO gratuities and NO tax. We bought the vodka tonic package in December, it was $32 for a bottle of stoli and 4 tonic waters.

That is so much less expensive than the other lines are charging. WOW!! Princess used to charge about the same, but they no longer have a pre purchase package: well they do, if you want to buy just a little .375 bottle, but certainly not a regular one. NMNita

Sirarthur...here are the links for HAL pre order forms:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Gift_Order_Polar.pdf

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Wine_Order_Polar.pdf

There is also a pre order spirit/liquor list available from ship services, Here is the contact link.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contacts/contacts.do?topicId=gifts

Archived