Leather/fur jackets?

Mezzaluna

We will be on Coral Princess July 10-17, calling at Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. I'm curious to know if there are any shops for purchasing fur-lined leather jackets or parkas. Since I live in Wisconsin I will get some use out of this item, I assure you! If it matters, I wear ladies' size 18 or 1X.

Mezzaluna:

I was aboard the Island Princess last year visiting the same ports that you will be visiting. I bought a black mink/leather reversible jacket in Skagway at a fur shop called Alaska Fur Gallery. They have locations at all 3 of the ports plus Anchorage, Colorado, and Utah.

They have a website so you can go into their website to see what they have available and pricing. If you are going to Anchorage, they have their largest store there. Otherwise, Juneau is their next largest. I did find another fur store in Ketchikan (can't remember the name; I think it was David Green Furs) but their quality did not look as good as Alaska Fur Gallery.

You will get lots of opportunities to use your coat in Wisconsin. I'm a guy and live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (HA, HA, HA) so I only had one opportunity to use it last year when I went to New York before Xmas. However, I am still really glad I got my mink/leather jacket. Always wanted one; finally have it.

Good Luck!

what is the website?

last time we were in alaska I fell in love with a knee lenth leather coat with a hood, mink lined. Didn't get it, then spent the next 2 ports searching for it! i'm determined to get it this time!

I just went to the site for the furs, they cost upward of $10k. I saw one for $68k, more than a car! You better have lots of credit on your card if you want to shop there...I would be scared to buy a coat that expensive for fear someone may steal it!

Or have some idiot throw paint/dye on it.

BTW-not only more than a car, but more than we paid for our house.

-Monte

I just went to the site for the furs, they cost upward of $10k. I saw one for $68k, more than a car! You better have lots of credit on your card if you want to shop there...I would be scared to buy a coat that expensive for fear someone may steal it!

Archived