Theory: Early arrival at port= early luggage

We have been on a few cruises and I think it's the opposite, FILO (First In Last Out). I think the bins are loaded as they are filled and put on the ship sooner but then later bins are put in front of them and they are delivered as they get to them. Just my observation.

If you get there first your bags will be at the bottom and back of the huge piles of luggage. Kind of like the first in, last out method of accounting.:)

In my experience the later I've arrived, the sooner I've gotten my luggage.

We usually get to the port around 11:00 - 11:30, last time we got two of our bags within a couple of hours and the last one didn't come until after dinner. JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT FIGURED OUT! Oh well, at least we are not among the unlucky ones, who didn't see thier luggage until the end of the trip!

We are always on the ship by noon-ish, and we have never gotten our luggage until after dinner. As the ship is sailing away, there's always a part of my brain hoping they didn't leave it on the pier! So far, it's always turned up eventually.

As this has been our experience, I put our clothes for dinner, toiletries for showering, etc. in our carry-on bag.

Enjoy your cruise!

O.K. that makes me feel better. No shorts in the dining room, even first night:eek: !

Cruisin Candy

You will see shorts the first night. Unfortunately, many play upon the "no luggage yet" theory and wear shorts whether they have their luggage or not. I prefer wearing something appropriate for the dining room when boarding the ship...like capris or similiar. Your call.;)

For me, it was mixed. We like to get to the port early if at all possible to begin our vacation and to hopefully get our luggage before we sail. Got to the Paradise and Triumph early, we got our bags relatively quickly. On our last Glory trip, got to the port early around 11 am and did not get our final piece of luggage until 8pm. What was so unusual about the Glory, was we would get a bag every 45 minutes to 1 hr. Finally, the last bag showed up just as we were walking to dinner.

Archived