Choice between Embassy Suite & Sleep Inn?

phabric

I have both reserved for Dec 28, one night, Embassy Suites for $200 and Sleep Inn for $130. There are 5 adults so both will hold us. What would you choose.

I know where the Embassy Suites and the shopping plaza across from it is. Where is the Sleep Inn situated to the Embassy Suites. Is the Sleep Inn in a different county as it is Dania, FLL and not Ft Lauderdale, FLL.

The sleep inn is in Dania Beach. There is not much around there at all. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, OK. Its really almost in a residental area. There is a Publix Supermarket across the street, and a walgreens next door. I know the maps say close to the beach, but it is not really walking distance. The Embassy suites gives you lots of options. Plus I think they have two hours of cocktails in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning.

I think its a no brainer to pick Embassy Suites.

Where is the Sleep Inn situated to the Embassy Suites. Is the Sleep Inn in a different county as it is Dania, FLL and not Ft Lauderdale, FLL.

Is the address for the Embassy Suites 1100 Southeast 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316?

I used mapquest to find directions/distance between the Embassy Suites (on 17th St)and Sleep Inn - The Sleep Inn is almost 6 miles (to the south) from the Embassy Suites, about 13 minutes travel time.

A really cool way to see this is to use Google Earth.

You can put 5 adults in a Sleep Inn? I didn't even think you could put 5 adults in an Embassy Suites (2 doubles and a couchbed?). The Embassy is a better location, better breakfast, free shuttle to the port. Does the Sleep Inn have the free shuttle?

Sleep in does have the free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port. They also have the complimentary breakfast. I guess the decision would hinge on what you plan to do once you get there. If you have alot of time and want places nearby, then perhaps the Sleep Inn isn't for you?

And yes, you can sleep 5 in a 2 queenbed suite with sofa bed.

A~.

I called Embassy Suites, they no longer have shuttle FROM airport but have shuttle TO airport.

Our hotel stay is post cruise so we will have all day to do something, flight is not until 2:20 next day.

Archived