Question about online booking of shore excursions

tejmar

I apologize for asking this question as I know that it has been asked dozens of times, but for some reason the search tool isn't working for me today. I thought I had read that you could book shore excursions online 120 days prior to your cruise date. I tried yesterday (which was 120) and again today (day 119) and it is still closed out.

Anyone know if there is a way to SEE, not book the excursions farther than 120 days? We just booked for January, and I would like to see what excursions are available for Cozumel. This is a standard vanilla Western Carib cruise. Thanks for your help.

Bill

Bill if you go to the princess website, under planning for your cruise...you can look up the shore excursions that they use for the different ports. (not all will be available for your trip...and there may be more...but it give you a general idea)

You can also go to "my princess" and click on the details of your booking. On the right had side, after you bring up your booking, it will say something about "book my shore excursions." Your itinerary will come up with a link to the excursions. Just click on the port and whatever tour interests you. You will have the choice to book it or find out more details. Under more details, you will be able to read all about the excursion without booking it. Really quite easy once you get into that section.

A cruise I have booked for next April already has the shore excursions up and ready for booking. Now that's really early.

We are within the 120 days and our excursions aren't open either which is not unusual. When I searched Princess just to see what is available th site said excursions could be booked up to 60 days in advance. Different from the cruise personalizer.

The current excursions listed on the Princess site expire on Oct 21 so I'm sure they're working on the winter sailing excursions. If I remember correctly, it was pretty much 60 days out when ours opened up for our Star cruise last Nov.

There's great info on the port of call boards also.

Anyone know if there is a way to SEE, not book the excursions farther than 120 days? We just booked for January, and I would like to see what excursions are available for Cozumel. This is a standard vanilla Western Carib cruise. Thanks for your help.

Bill

for the western caribbean you should check the ports of call boards. Same excursions for a lot less monies.

Thanks for the reply Pam and others. I have also noted that all of the excursions listed expire in October. We are sailing on the Star in Nov. and were wondering if that is also a reason that we can't book yet (because they haven't made the new list of excursions). They probably won't change much (except for the price most likely). That's really strange that lyndabaker can book excursions for an April cruise. I had called Princess a couple of weeks ago regarding the expiration date listed for the excursions and the rep said he had never heard of an expiration date. I assumed that he wasn't very well informed and didn't ask any more questions about that. I did complain about the early traditional dining being full when we booked in Jan. There were already 300 people on the waiting list then. He said that the waitlist has been closed. In the roll call thread I saw that someone posted that her TA told her that a very large corporate group booked in Dec. and took most of the early traditional dining spots because they wanted to be together. I hope that this group doesn't cause other problems like that the whole cruise.

Archived