Need reassurance on hotel choice...

totallynluv

I just booked the Intercontinental in Miami on easyclicktravel.com & wondering if I made the right decision. I just need a little bit of reassurance as this is the 1st time I ever booked without knowing what hotel. I got it for $119 w/taxes it came to $135. I tried Priceline but all the 4stars were taken. I really wanted the Holiday Inn but it was all the way up to $220.

What does everyone think? :confused:

GREAT hotel and good price! I love the Intercontinental and have stayed there twice. Nice big marble bathrooms. Be sure to call ahead and ask for a room overlooking the ships...even using Priceline and another hotel discounter, I have found them to be very accommodating. (The breakfast bar in the dining room is nice...but pricey)

It's even cheaper at www.cheapoair.com

SIGNMAN: Used Cheapo this morning to book the intercontinental, how does cheapo work...

I got a book # I got a res # and they charge 2 dollars more than the res price....

i went on cheapo site to review my res, they dont have me? book 3 and res # they gave me, is not jiving on thier site...wnet to intercont site, no res either...ANY THOUGHTS HELP...:eek:

SIGNMAN: Used Cheapo this morning to book the intercontinental, how does cheapo work...

I got a book # I got a res # and they charge 2 dollars more than the res price....

i went on cheapo site to review my res, they dont have me? book 3 and res # they gave me, is not jiving on thier site...wnet to intercont site, no res either...ANY THOUGHTS HELP...:eek:

Tom e boy, I booked through easytravelclick.com & did the same thing you did. Called the hotel to confirm they received my reservation & they said no. She told me what happens when you book throug a .com that they send you reservation over to the hotel by phone & it could take up until 2 weeks before your scheduled arrive date. She advised me to call the hotel directly on Monday. The confirmation# they give you is not the same as what they would use.

xxoo nluv, never did thid before and thought the worse... Monday ill call the hotel directly, then they will give me a good res#, and im booked for sure?

thanks

I hadn't either that is why I was so nervous about trying it. I am calling tomorrow again to, so let me know what you find out.

I got the Intercontinental in Miami for next April for $108/night (government rate) through the hotel's website. I hope I booked the correct one...the address is Chopin Avenue. Is that the right one?

Yes. You will be very pleased with this hotel. Definitely high quality hotel. Close walk to Bayside.

I have used Priceline and Hotwire quite a bit but am a little nervous about Easy Click Travel. There are a few horror stories out there on this.

Yes. You will be very pleased with this hotel. Definitely high quality hotel. Close walk to Bayside.

I have used Priceline and Hotwire quite a bit but am a little nervous about Easy Click Travel. There are a few horror stories out there on this.

What kind of horror stories? :eek:

:eek: CHEAPOAIR.COM

called IC today, no help, switched me to reservation, yep I still dont have a room...CC company says the $$ has not been posted to my acct and when it does and im not happy, I have their backing to get my $$ back. So I was told to give it 3-5 days until the $$ posts and at that time see if I have a res. with IC...

$108.GOV rate... nice, want to adopt me :cool: ...cheapo was 201.64 taxes and all, what I still cant figure is why $203.64 is the figure that will post? I guess the 2 bucks is a fee of some kind.

Cheapo site does me no good, cant call anyone to give me my answers, you have to email...well i did, almost 48 hours ago.... no reply or calls, just an auto e-mail saying :hey we got your questions heres your number" Im gonna sit back and wait a couple of days :confused:

Ok, read this post about IC, we had a revs. thru them for Nov 18 at 308.00 a night and on Nov. 26 for 349.00. Saw the great price on Cheapoair with the hotel named IC for 126.02 with tax. So that is a touch better price lol. I made the resv. on Sunday morning and got the conformation by email. Last night started reading horror stories on this thread so this morning called the hotel direct. Talk to Adam in resv. and he said yes the resv. is right here on these dates. Requested a king size bed, said it was already done and harbor view...again no problem.

I found cheapoair easy to use but that could be beginners(sp) luck. Any way I will take the great price.

Laura

WHEEWWW!!! I just got off the phone with the hotel direct (Intercontinental) to make sure they showed my reservation & they finally had me in the system. Using easyclicktravel.com wasn't as bad as I was starting to believe. I guess now I just have to hope nothing happens with the reservation.

Hotwire also has a great deal on this hotel. I got it for $94 plus tax for stay in Nov. They gave me two confirmation numbers (1 for hotwire,and 1 for the hotel). Called the hotel immediatedly and the reservation was in their system.

I just checked hotwire for a hotel on Dec. 16th pre-cruise. It told me I could get a 4 to 5 star hotel for 94.00. My question is this, if after I book and if its not the Intercontinetal what is there cancellation policy?

You are unable to cancel.

ad this post about IC, we had a revs. thru them for Nov 18 at 308.00 a night and on Nov. 26 for 349.00. Saw the great price on Cheapoair with the hotel named IC for 126.02 with tax. So that is a touch better price lol. I made the resv. on Sunday morning and got the conformation by email. Last night started reading horror stories on this thread so this morning called the hotel direct. Talk to Adam in resv. and he said yes the resv. is right here on these dates. Requested a king size bed, said it was already done and harbor view...again no problem.

Laura, what how many days after you booked on line did you wait then called ic res. line...the email cheapo sent you had a conf .... did you try using that # on the ic web site, or the cheapo web site

ad this post about IC, we had a revs. thru them for Nov 18 at 308.00 a night and on Nov. 26 for 349.00. Saw the great price on Cheapoair with the hotel named IC for 126.02 with tax. So that is a touch better price lol. I made the resv. on Sunday morning and got the conformation by email. Last night started reading horror stories on this thread so this morning called the hotel direct. Talk to Adam in resv. and he said yes the resv. is right here on these dates. Requested a king size bed, said it was already done and harbor view...again no problem.

Laura, what how many days after you booked on line did you wait then called ic res. line...the email cheapo sent you had a conf .... did you try using that # on the ic web site, or the cheapo web site

I never went to either web site after I got the reservation. I called IC Miami direct and gave them the info I had (that cheapoair sent me on Sunday) Adam laugh and said what is your last name, gave him the name and said here it is. I called on Tuesday to check made resverations on Sunday.

Laura

Archived