Need reassurance on hotel choice...

totallynluv

Hi, Thanks for your news, its nice to know the system worked for you... today is thursday, and my online booking was last sunday am... no calls to me at all, still no reservations in my name for my date...I would hope by now, I would know something ? I did get a message to call an 800 number sometime today. will do so now

Hi, Thanks for your news, its nice to know the system worked for you... today is thursday, and my online booking was last sunday am... no calls to me at all, still no reservations in my name for my date...I would hope by now, I would know something ? I did get a message to call an 800 number sometime today. will do so now

I just checked hotwire for a hotel on Dec. 16th pre-cruise. It told me I could get a 4 to 5 star hotel for 94.00. My question is this, if after I book and if its not the Intercontinetal what is there cancellation policy?

I got th IC the other day for $87.00 plus tax. It said it was a 4 star customer favorite. And after researching what the amenities were, I was pretty sure it was the IC. One amenity they have that the Hyatt does not is on-site laundry service. Hyatt is one of the other 4 star downtown hotels that they book. Once booked, you cannot get a refund. Many have tried and failed. Good luck!! BTW--my reservation is for Sept. 30th

Hey I just booked my room for our precruise stay in Miami on Dec. 16th. I used Hotwire and YEA! l got the Intercontinental for $95. Then they offered me a 2 month free trail in Cool Savings and I get $20 back. When my membership comes I will call and cancel it, but I still get the $20.

Thanks for the onfo. I will go with laundry facilaties one. It also says that it could be an Omni? Any ideas about that.

I think that they mean that it is one of the brand hotels they deal with in general, but I do not think there is even a Omni in Miami. I'd say if it's saying a 4 star customer favorite downtown with the laundry facilities, I'd make a bet it is the IC. Please let us know what you get!

Sailor05,

We got the Intercontinental for Dec. 16th. For $95. From you post is that the only hotel (Intercontinental)that you would get by picking customer favorite, laundry facilities? Now my DH thinks we should go on the 15th so we have all of the 16th to tour Miami. I am afraid to go back to hotwire unless I am sure I would get the IC.

The hotels website has internet guarentee that if you find it elswhere after booking with them they will lower your price and give 10% back. I found it on cheapoair for $112. Would I be better off doing that and being sure I would get IC? There wopuldn't be that much of a difference.

Thanks1st time cruiser:confused:

Do what you're the most comfortable with. Here is what's on their site for that guarantee. "Rooms on the other web site must be publicly available, viewable and bookable on the Internet at the time of verification." So I would guess that it excludes sites such as Hotwire, Priceline, etc. But $112.00 is still an awesome price for IC. By looking on Hotwire for that date, it sure does look like the IC, but it's not 100%. Maybe 99%;)

Thank you sailor05. I talked to someone at the IC website desk number and they are going to check and make sure I can do it with cheapoair. If I can't like you said $112 is still a great price and I might as well go book it myself with them. I too feel that I would probally get the IC again on hot wire, but hey whats a couple of bucks to be sure. Thanks for all your help:)

Just wanted to let you know we decided to arrive on the 15th of dec.(airfare also being a factor) It was all most double the airfare to fly in sat. So we went back to hotwire and I was able to get The Intercontinental for that night also. It was $95. So we are staying at that hotel 2 nights for what one night would have cost booking with the hotel directly.:D if you couldn't tell I am very excited. Now i just need to research Miami and see what we will do while there!

Thanks Sailor5, I am sure we will have a wonderful time. I will diffently check out South Beach. I think we are going to rent a car instead of using taxis. I seem to think that will be cheaper.

Alamo allows you to pick up the car at the airport, then drop it off at their offices close to the port. They then will shuttle you over to the port. If you go on their website enter in the pickup dates and times and then "find a location". Pick Miami Int'l as the pickup location. Then do the same for the dropoff location except choose the Port of Miami to drop it off. It will then give you the prices for different size vehicles. But one thing you must keep in mind is the the IC charges $25.00 a day for parking.:eek:

sailor05,

Yea, I was reading that on there web site about the $25 dollar fee. Now we have to decide what would be the best to do. I read somewhere that there is other parking in the area for around $10 but who knows if we would get one. I guess DH and I will have to decide what we are going to do and then way the costs and see if we should just get taxis or rent the car???

Archived