Conquest

WildWillie

She didn't come in until around 6:25 - 6:30. Maybe that is why she came straight in. A month or so ago she came in straight. Maybe they just like to mix it up a little?!

All I know is I have (not counting today, since I already watched her come in) is 6 more Sundays and a wake up on Galveston Island. That Sunday, we are planning on going down and watching her arrive! Be looking for us.

We came in the way this morning, not sure why. It was fine with me though, because it allowed me to sit out on the balcony and watch us come in ( Port Side Empress Deck :p ). I'm uploading my pictures as I type this and at some point will write up a review. Overall, it was a great cruise and we couldn't have drawn up better weather throughout.

I have noticed some "chatter" (unconfirmed statements) on various threads about the Conquest being back in New Orleans by Feb of next year. Anyone hear anything official???

Your right this question has been discussed on another thread, and to my knowledge nothing has been said OFFICIALLY, this is all rumor and speculation at this time. At least, that is what I am to understand. They are still booking cruises all the way until Spring of 2008 (out of Galveston). We may be booking the Conquest for June or July '07. Why would they book all of these passengers and then decide to change the embarkation point. Wouldn't make sense to me. :rolleyes: (A lot of time and $$ spent by Carnival). IMO if they were to make this change they would announce it way ahead of time and then start booking the ship out of NO. What ship would they replace the Conquest with? Who knows. These things are usually announced way ahead of time by the cruiselines, unless they need to make the change for unexpected reasons. For example: hurricane Katrina hitting NO and they needed to come to Galveston.

OP: I noticed it this morning too. I just thought I did not have enough coffee yet and I was seeing things. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed.:D

Before I came over to the boards, I had gone to the Galveston cam like I do every Sunday, pulled up the Harbor Cam, and was thinking "What the h***..." when I realized it was aft of the Conquest. My 2nd thought was "This is great" because we have 2 aft cabins booked next January, and we can look at our cabins ALL day today! :) I too will be watching this evening to see how she leaves. Never have seen her docked like this before. Only 26 more Sundays and counting!

I have noticed some "chatter" (unconfirmed statements) on various threads about the Conquest being back in New Orleans by Feb of next year. Anyone hear anything official???

I'll ask Todd in 5 weeks since he helped start the rumors with his announcement a while back about the Liberty going to Galveston and Conquest returning to NOLA. I think only 1 or 2 people in corporate really have an idea.

As you can see from my Future Cruises below, if it sails from Galveston, I'll be on it whatever it may be.

Archived