Explorer - cabin 6328 - on the hump?

According to the deckplans on RCI's website this cabin is right on the back of the hump. Is it still considered on the hump and does it have the larger balcony than most that goes with it? Also, it has a pullman bed but there are only 2 of us in the cabin. Would you avoid a pullman bed room if you only have 2 passengers? Has anyone actually ever been in this cabin? Pics? Also, I've heard Deck 6 has a partially obstructed view due to lifeboats...true???:confused: Thanks!!!

I will be in 8328 in September, while investigating this cruise I was told that explorer has NO obstructed views ( not positive if this is true or not). Not sure when you are thinking of going but I will take plenty of pictures.

According to the deckplans on RCI's website this cabin is right on the back of the hump. Is it still considered on the hump and does it have the larger balcony than most that goes with it? Also, it has a pullman bed but there are only 2 of us in the cabin. Would you avoid a pullman bed room if you only have 2 passengers? Has anyone actually ever been in this cabin? Pics? Also, I've heard Deck 6 has a partially obstructed view due to lifeboats...true???:confused: Thanks!!!

I can give an opinion about two of your concerns.

First, you will not notice the pullman bed so don't let that keep you from booking the room.

As far as the obstructed view, that cabins location would prevent a lifeboat from blocking the view , there may be one aft of it but that will not result in an obstructed view. (The picture that I found on web shots and the deck plans seem to show the lifeboats on deck five.)

Hi

WE were in room 7328 right above you an excellent room.Last year on the voyager we had room 6628.The only difference between the two balconies was that on the deck 6 the balcony had a solid steel wall up to the railing whereas on deck 7 the balcony had plexi glass where you could lie in bed and see the ocean.You can't go wrong you'll love it.Enjoy your cruise.

We were in 6356 last month. Does your cabin ONLY have a pullman bed??

WE had a 2 full size beds pushed together (comfortable) but our daughters had the pull out bed from the couch (HORRIBLE). The view from the balcony was fine except. I am guessing that the lifeboats were on the 4th floor (maybe 3rd?).

Hi

WE were in room 7328 right above you an excellent room.Last year on the voyager we had room 6628.The only difference between the two balconies was that on the deck 6 the balcony had a solid steel wall up to the railing whereas on deck 7 the balcony had plexi glass where you could lie in bed and see the ocean.You can't go wrong you'll love it.Enjoy your cruise.

Knots,

Was 7328 on the Explorer? Was it actually on the hump with the larger than average balcony? If you have any pictures from 7328 I'd love to see them. THANKS!!!

We were in 6356 last month. Does your cabin ONLY have a pullman bed??

WE had a 2 full size beds pushed together (comfortable) but our daughters had the pull out bed from the couch (HORRIBLE). The view from the balcony was fine except. I am guessing that the lifeboats were on the 4th floor (maybe 3rd?).

barbaragrace,

No, the cabin has the 2 beds you can push together and then the pullman is either above them or above the sofa, I'm not sure. I just wasn't sure if the pullman would be a nuissance since we don't need it. Sounds like it wouldn't be. So in 6356 you had no issues with the lifeboats? Did you also have the solid balcony wall? Thanks.

Angie,

Yes 7328(on the Explorer) is the last room on the hump so the balcony seems a little larger only because you're on the curve so the balcony curves out on an angle.Basically they're all the same size as far as depth ,plenty of room.we're also sailing(on the Explorer 8/3/07 but chose a room with a pull out couch so my DD doesnt have to climb up that skinny little ladder:D I'm sorry but I'm not too computer savvy about downloading my pics.If someone could explain I could try.All in all you will love this ship She's beautiful. BTW what sailing in august will you be doing?

Angie,

Yes 7328(on the Explorer) is the last room on the hump so the balcony seems a little larger only because you're on the curve so the balcony curves out on an angle.Basically they're all the same size as far as depth ,plenty of room.we're also sailing(on the Explorer 8/3/07 but chose a room with a pull out couch so my DD doesnt have to climb up that skinny little ladder:D I'm sorry but I'm not too computer savvy about downloading my pics.If someone could explain I could try.All in all you will love this ship She's beautiful. BTW what sailing in august will you be doing?

Knots,

Thanks again. Did you find that the angled balcony gave you any less/more privacy than a normal balcony? So would you say that the major benefit of the room was location to the elevators since the balcony wasn't much different? We're looking at August 17th to sale on the Explorer out of Cape Liberty, NJ. It will be nice to not have to fly to the port! Don't worry about the pics, if you already had them uploaded it would have been nice to see them but I don't want you to do any extra work. Thanks!

Hi Angie,

Sorry about the pics i'm going to ask my DH if he can load em up.As far as privacy there is a solid steel partition between the balconies in that particular area, being the last room on the hump.Whereas the other rooms have like a frosted glass partition .Someone correct me if i'm wrong.Yes it was nice being near the elevators.That would have been nice if we were on the same sailing next August:) Have a wonderful cruise I know we can't wait untill next year.

Hi Sue

You picked a great room we love the hump.But next year we picked a balcony room w/a pull out couch(D1). So DD doesn't have to climb.You are going to love the Explorer.She is beautiful.I'll try to download my pics but first I have to figure out how:D Any questions feel free to ask.Have a wonderful time.

Hey Knots,

Thanks for the info, we just booked this cruise last week! We will be empty nesters come sept so this is a celebration cruise. I guess we lucked out with our cabin as it was one of the last E1 left and I was trying to keep the $ down.

Sue

Hi Sue,

You will have the time of your life Enjoy! Bermuda is my favorite Island.:) I wish RCL had longer cruises to Bermuda out of NJ. We did the 5 nite on Explorer this past June and it was way tooooo short.So we booked the 9 nite for next August.I can't imagine being an empty nester my DD will be 16 in October Just a few more years until college time flies.Have a great cruise :D

Archived