QE2 World Cruise - 2007 Panama Canal

Rotterdam

I sailed on the NY- LA 2003 portion of the WC - after we sailed from Acapulco every received a notice that if we were to disembark in LA we could have the option of sailing onto Hawaii for an additional $600(included air back to LA).

I was wondering if the same option was offered on the subsequent WC's in 2004.2005 & 2006(or something like it.

Thank you.

WoW! What a deal.... I would've cabled my job and said, "Can I please take advantage of this deal? If not, consider this my resignation!"

One time after being on QE 2 for 20 days in 2001, a great deal came up to get back onboard NINE DAYS later for a e/b crossing in Q3 cabin for $1500 per person (to buy someone's tickets who could not go) - we jumped on it and I told my supervisor "I'm off on QE 2" and she almost fainted! HAHAHAHA - But I insisted and I got to go - and my job was waiting when I got back.

Micahel

Funny thing is that in 2003 I was working as a consulltant & upon my return from the QE2 my first day back I was notified that the contract would end....my first words were ..."I could of gone to Hawaii on QE2".

I actually am interested in crossing the Pacific Ocean & sailing under the Golden gate Bridge on QE2.....Hawaii is nice but not a big deal for me.

I sailed on the NY- LA 2003 portion of the WC - after we sailed from Acapulco every received a notice that if we were to disembark in LA we could have the option of sailing onto Hawaii for an additional $600(included air back to LA).

I was wondering if the same option was offered on the subsequent WC's in 2004.2005 & 2006(or something like it.

Thank you.

we were on the 2006 ny to la cruise and unfortuantely were not offerred this option., we were hoping to be able to take advantage of it but unfortunately the ship was pretty full....seems you were the lucky ones!

Thank you.

Unlikely, as the ship, I believe, is very heavily wait-listed in many categories already.

Hello Bobby1119,

Do you know what categories are wait-listed for this cruise? I recall someone on this board mentioning that the lowest and the highest categories are usually sold out first. A scan of some internet discount cruise brokers seems to indicate that the lower categories for the Panama segment, as well as most other World Cruise segments, are still available. What am I missing?

GM

Hello Bobby1119,

Do you know what categories are wait-listed for this cruise? I recall someone on this board mentioning that the lowest and the highest categories are usually sold out first. A scan of some internet discount cruise brokers seems to indicate that the lower categories for the Panama segment, as well as most other World Cruise segments, are still available. What am I missing?

GM

Yes, I believe the top and bottom are gone. I have some friends who are joining me for a segment, and they are guaranteed for C-1, even though it is now waitlisted. I was just informed that C-5 is also gone but that C-2, 3, 4 are available. All the singles except QG are also waitlisted. I am speaking about the full cruise. I am not sure whether these situations apply to the panama canal segment. My friends are on a customized Singapore-Cape Town segment that my TA who used to work for Cunard arranged.

I hope you make it aboard.

Bobby

ques for bobby1119 - I think I read on another thread that you're traveling as a single. Can another person join you for one segment or must you remain as a single for the whole cruise? just curious

ques for bobby1119 - I think I read on another thread that you're traveling as a single. Can another person join you for one segment or must you remain as a single for the whole cruise? just curious

Well, that is the big question I have as well. My cabin is actually a double that has been reclassified as a single. I saw the cabin this past January when I was aboard as a guest of the hotel manager the afternoon of the 2006 world cruise sailing. It has a single bed and a sofa bed that can accomodate a second person. The cabin is very spacious and will be adequate, I think, for the entire cruise. My TA who worked for Cunard for many years when Cunard was Cnard, is going to work on seeing if something can be arranged so that I can have friends join for segments. I can let you know.

Are you on the voyage at any point?

Bobby

Yes, I believe the top and bottom are gone. I have some friends who are joining me for a segment, and they are guaranteed for C-1, even though it is now waitlisted. I was just informed that C-5 is also gone but that C-2, 3, 4 are available. All the singles except QG are also waitlisted. I am speaking about the full cruise. I am not sure whether these situations apply to the panama canal segment. My friends are on a customized Singapore-Cape Town segment that my TA who used to work for Cunard arranged.

I hope you make it aboard.

Bobby

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for the information. My wife and I will be joining you in LA for the Polynesian Passage segment of the WC to Sydney. I would like to include the Panama Canal segment in 2007, but that will have wait until 2008.

Hope to see you aboard.

GM

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for the information. My wife and I will be joining you in LA for the Polynesian Passage segment of the WC to Sydney. I would like to include the Panama Canal segment in 2007, but that will have wait until 2008.

Hope to see you aboard.

GM

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing you, too, and other cruisecritic members who will be aboard... the only question is how to meet up???? I am considering wearing a t-shirt (not at dinner) that reads "bobby1119"---LOL---:rolleyes:

See you in LA.

• 4 weeks later...
Unlikely, as the ship, I believe, is very heavily wait-listed in many categories already.

I just booked the NYC to Sydney portion of the QE2's world cruise for 2007. All they had left were a few Q3 and above. Everything else had a long wait list.

Archived