Serenade Question

According to the deck plans of the Serenade of the Seas, on deck #8, in the Centrum area, near the elevators, there is something called "Explorer's Court". It says "Book your excursions here".

There is also an Explorations! Desk located on Deck 4, which also says, "Book your excursions here".

Can anyone shed some light on this little bit of confusion?? It seems like deck 8 is an odd place to go to book excursions, don't you think?

I am asking because we have booked cabin #8088 which is right next to that Explorer's court.

On Brillance, the Loyalty Ambassador was located on deck 8 near the centrum elevators. Maybe it is a typo that should say "book your future cruises?":) We also have 8088 on Serenade and there is a doorway and short hall separating you from the LA's work area. It is a quiet location. You can hear art auctions and music from the centrum.

I would imagine they have more than one location to book shore excursions so that there aren't long lines. I'm on the Serenade in a few weeks also on deck 8 and I hadn't noticed that on the deck plans. If it is an excursion desk you may have people outside your door booking excursions. My guess is that the desk would only be open during hours that would not bother people in their cabins.

Gosh, good one. We were on deck 8 on the hump so spent a lot of time in that area and I can only remember seeing a small lounge area by the Centrum. I don't remember ever seeing gobs of people in that area. Maybe though my memory is failing me!

If we book excursions on the ship I do it via the TV.

Have a terrific cruise. It is a beautiful ship.

According to the deck plans of the Serenade of the Seas, on deck #8, in the Centrum area, near the elevators, there is something called "Explorer's Court". It says "Book your excursions here".

There is also an Explorations! Desk located on Deck 4, which also says, "Book your excursions here".

On our recent Alaska cruise on the Serenade, all excursions were booked at the Explorations! Desk on Deck 4. I think the International Ambassador had a desk in the Centrum area on Deck 8 - perhaps that's the Explorer's Court?

The C&A lounge on Deck 12(?) was where the Loyalty Ambassador had her office.

8088 is a wonderful cabin. It has a balcony 3 times as long as the rest of the balconies and it's completely covered and has a solid wall on the left side.

We loved it so much we booked it on the Radiance after having it on the Serenade. The Explorer's Lounge has literature for the international passengers on shore excursions etc. You won't notice any noise from that in your cabin. You will hear the music from the centrum in your cabin, but we kind of liked it.

This is the "Hump" cabin that most people try to get on the Radiance class ships.

Can excursions be booked online on RCL as they can be on Princess? It was very convenient to do this on our last cruise.

Yes, they can. You go to the RC website, I think in the "before you board" section. You will need you booking # reserve excursions and you can look through the excursions and book what you want before you board. You pay for them at the time you book. We have done this a couple times for excrusions we did not want to miss.

Yes, you can book excursions on line before your cruise, but it has to be within 60 (or some specified number of days) before the sailing.

Not true about having to wait until 60 days out. There have been excursions available for awhile for my cruise next February.

Archived