Island Princess Hawaiian Crusie 10/21/06

teachergal29

Just wondering if anyone was going on this cruise, Island Princess 10/21/06. My husband and I are going to celebrate his birthday and early retirement. We are in our late fifties. Thought it would be fun to know people ahead of time. Our first Princess cruise. I've read good and bad reviews about this cruise. Any info appreciated. Thanks

We took this cruise to Hawaii on 12/5/04 and loved it so much, we are booked for the 11/20/06 cruise. Both my husband and I appreciated the days at sea coming and going - it gave us a chance to unwind so we were ready to see the islands and relax on the way back after running around ashore. There are plenty of activities on the sea days, so you'll not be bored. I would often play bridge, attend a lecture, etc. while my husband would read his book on our balcony and watch the ocean go by.Try to read up on the ports and if you don't plan any of the ship's excursions (we didn't), think about renting a car. That way you can see a lot of things without waiting around for everyone on a tour. This is eapecially true in Hilo where there is nothing close to the pier. Think about taking one day just to spend at the beach - the water and beaches in Hawaii are wonderful, especially in Maui (my opinion). Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks so much to TomO and Freetocruise. I went to the roll call link and am now writing to fellow passengers. I also appreciate the info on the cruise itself. We have been to Maui last year for our honeymoon and just loved it. Great suggestion about getting a car for the day to roam the island. Thanks again to both of you.

Archived