Pre-cruise hotel for Port of Maimi? Has anyone stayed at the Fountainbleau Hilton?

hiyall804

We will be cruising on the FOS on October and need a hotel for one night pre-cruise. Our flight does not get into Miami until 5:30 pm on Saturday, thus I am not sure if the Fountainbleau would be worth the price. It seems to me that I have herd some less than flattering reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor or perhaps here, has anyone stayed there recently? It will be the kids (11, 9 & 5) first visit to Miami and first cruise so we do want it to be special. I remember staying at this hotel 20+ years ago with my parents and being in awe of the pool. Also, we would like to be close to the Port of Miami to simplify the process of getting on the ship the next day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

We will be cruising on the FOS on October and need a hotel for one night pre-cruise. Our flight does not get into Miami until 5:30 pm on Saturday, thus I am not sure if the Fountainbleau would be worth the price. It seems to me that I have herd some less than flattering reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor or perhaps here, has anyone stayed there recently? It will be the kids (11, 9 & 5) first visit to Miami and first cruise so we do want it to be special. I remember staying at this hotel 20+ years ago with my parents and being in awe of the pool. Also, we would like to be close to the Port of Miami to simplify the process of getting on the ship the next day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Since you aren't going to have that much time at the hotel (your flight gets in at 5:30PM after luggage and transportation you wouldn't get to Mid Beach until around 7PM), I'd opt to stay downtown. They Hyatt and Intercontinental both get good reviews.

Ditto on BlueHerons comments, in addition it's under a multi million dollar renovation right now so guests are actually staying in the condo-hotel portion of the hotel. The rooms are fabulous, the pool is second to none, but with so little time it would be a waste of a stay at such a nice property. Be sure to stay there on your next visit when the renovations are completed. ;)

What about the Holiday Inn Port of Miami? It seems to me that I have herd mixed reviews of this hotel, but isn't it close to the port?

Thanks

Sure it's close to the port and it has its fans, I prefer the Marriott and many on these boards have been happy with the Intercontinental.

I stayed at Holiday Inn Marina, Port of Miami in 2003. It was the perfect hotel for the cruise. It is a short cab rid away from the port but across the street from Bayside Market Place. Great place to eat and shop for last minute things. It is an older hotel so it does not have the wow factor of the Intercontinal or Marriott. We watched as the ships came in and it was amazing (you have to get up around 5:30 am for this).

Archived