Promenade Staterooms-Dark as Inside Cabin?

I was looking at the promenade cabins on the Voyager. Are they as dark as a regular inside or do they get light/daylight from the promenade? I thought I read that the Promenade had skylights with natural lighting? Has anyone stayed in one? Pros/Cons?

We have a balcony booked but could save about $600 changing to one of these. Since we are doing the Med which is port intensive maybe we would be better saving the money. Just thinking I would not care for a regular inside cabin and this may be one way to save some money.

I'd keep the balcony!!! There's nothing like being able to walk outside while the sea is rushing by. Plus, you get the natural light--unlike a promenade. I'm almost certain your balcony cabin will be a bit larger than a promenade, as well.

We have stayed in the Promenade rooms on the Explorer and the Navigator. I think they are a great alternative when you want to save some money. The lights in the promenade simulate daylight and evening. I did not feel closed in like I did in an inside cabin. It is also fun to watch what is going on down on the promenade. Don't get me wrong, if I can afford a balcony I will take it, but when you need to save - it is the way togo!:)

We have stayed in the Promenade rooms on the Explorer and the Navigator. I think they are a great alternative when you want to save some money. The lights in the promenade simulate daylight and evening. I did not feel closed in like I did in an inside cabin. It is also fun to watch what is going on down on the promenade. Don't get me wrong, if I can afford a balcony I will take it, but when you need to save - it is the way togo!:)

Thanks that was what I was wondering. Did it help in the morning to wake you up? Also was it noisey? Does seem like it would be better than a regular inside. Decisions, Decisions.....Do these tend to book up early or are there usually some left after the balconies are gone? Hate to give up the balcony before we are sure......

I have to tell you... my DH was not bothered by the noise in our EOS Promenade but I am a light sleeper and required earplugs. I also think that part of it was that we were second cabin from the aft elevator, so could hear more noise coming up from the piano bar. All in all... I thought it was great. I know that I'm a light sleeper, so I just pack the earplugs wherever I go!

I have to tell you... my DH was not bothered by the noise in our EOS Promenade but I am a light sleeper and required earplugs. I also think that part of it was that we were second cabin from the aft elevator, so could hear more noise coming up from the piano bar. All in all... I thought it was great. I know that I'm a light sleeper, so I just pack the earplugs wherever I go!

Can you tell me what deck you were on ? Would it make a difference?

I just did the math and we would save $660 plus tax. That is quite a difference so we are considering changing. We would like to add a trip to Paris after the cruise and this would go a long way to paying for that.

Hmmm Paris and/or balcony??? What would you all do????

Take Paris. My cruise this year will be 4th in a promenade room...3rd on deck 8, had last one on deck 6. Did not get any outside noise, except during parades. You definately do not have that "penned in" feel of an inside cabin & how much time do you actually spend in your cabin...save the $ and don't forget to shut the drapes!

our two adult children shared a promenade stateroom, deck 7 on the Explorer once...they really really enjoyed it....the lighting from the promenade does change from day to night....thye never complained about any noise and they really enjoyed watching people all hours of the day and night....the rooms are considerably smaller than a balcony but not the smallest rooms i have seen....

i think you will truly enjoy these rooms, unless you have your heart set on a balcony! we find that when we don't have a balcony we spend alot more time on deck, which is also a good thing!

Have a great trip!

Beverly

I have stayed in a PR cabin many times. We love them. It does save money and that is why I choose them. I love to cruise and that enables me to go on 2 to 3 a yr as opposed to one. A tip......do not stay on Deck 6 (noise) Stay on Deck 7 or above. The lighting is great and you do not get the feel of closed-in like an inside cabin. It's a great place to sit and view the parades. I'm very short so standing in the promenade to watch the parade is not an option for me....I can't see over everyone else. (and everyone is taller than I)

I hope this helped and if you're wanting a vote....I vote save the money and take the PR

Enjoy your cruise

Linda

Thanks for all the good information from everybody!

Are these cabins usually gone early/ more desirable? How far out do you usually need to book to get one?

Is there a window seat as it looks like in the pictures I've found?

Thanks for all the good information from everybody!

Are these cabins usually gone early/ more desirable? How far out do you usually need to book to get one?

Is there a window seat as it looks like in the pictures I've found?

Yes there is a window seat, just like the pictures show.

We had a deck 6 Promenade room in June and didn't hear any noise. We were above the Promenade Cafe. Like someone else said, the room is smaller than a balcony. Less drawer space etc., but we still really enjoyed it.

yes you can tell your ta which one you want. If you have a RC brochure or another deck plan of the ship just let them know what area you want to be in. As far as the pr rooms go I personally loved it. We just happened across one on deck 7 mid ship and the people watching from the window seat provided hours of entertainment on sea days and a quiet place to read without feeling totally closed in.

Archived