Bermuda Shore Excursions

iceman991

My family will be on the Dawn on AUg 5 and we will be doing the bell helmet dive. It sounds interesting. It will be me, my DH and my 2 sons- 16 & 14 years old. I am kind of nervous but I love adventure:cool:

The bell helmet dive is soooo much fun. We did it last October, and we can't wait to return next year to do it again. You can buy photos and a video that they take, the video is a great laugh. We also really enjoyed swimming with the dolphins...Both were very unique experiences that we definitely could not do in Pittsburgh!:p

Hi...we went to Bermuda in 2001...and we are returning this August. We did the Bell Diving....the first day we were in Bermuda. It is an unforgettable experience! I don't think there is anything else like it! It was so much fun! and in 2001, they let the rest of us swim off the boat while others in our group did their dive. We also took jet skis on a tour from Hamilton...that was also lots of fun! Bermuda is a beautiful place....I don't think you can go wrong with any of the excursions. Enjoy!!!!!:)

We had a group of ten on the Restless Native Catamaran snorkling excursion. I highly recommend it. We had three teenagers, 14, 18, 18, and they had a great time.

Bodysurfing at Horseshoe Bay or Elbow Beach is also a blast in Bermuda. You can rent large tubes and floats at Horshehoe Bay. The cab is around $10 from Hamilton.

The Crystal Cavern and ajoining Fantasy Cavern are must-do's. You're better off doing it on your own. I would get there first thing when they open up to have the place to yourself.

I would caution that you think twice about swimming with the dolphins as they are kept under extremely small and cruel conditions.

The Snorkel Park is free and a lot of fun. It's at King's Warf. But it does get crowded, so you're better off going early or after 3pm.

You'll have a great time!

Hi-- We loved the snorkeling trip with Jessie James (the captain is James) this was out of Hamilton. go on line and look them up. really nice- snorkeled in a small, shallow area to get used to it, then over a shipwreck, then the coral reef. we booked this on line. others did the snuba, thru the ship and loved it! we also found a hotel that rented kayaks which was neat. My daughters just went to the beach and loved it. The three beaches we went to were St. Catherine's, Horseshoe and Elbo. all were different, and all were beautiful. The Hamilton nights festival was pretty much a waste of time for us. But we did find a nice store for tee shirts that were reasonably priced. it is up the street from the linen store.

Have fun

denise

The Crystal Cavern and ajoining Fantasy Cavern are must-do's. You're better off doing it on your own. I would get there first thing when they open up to have the place to yourself.

I would caution that you think twice about swimming with the dolphins as they are kept under extremely small and cruel conditions.

The Snorkel Park is free and a lot of fun. It's at King's Warf. But it does get crowded, so you're better off going early or after 3pm.

You'll have a great time!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I think swimming with the dolphins ANYWHERE IS CRUEL.

As for tours in Bermuda you can do most on your own... The buses will take you to the Crystal Caves and to the beaches.. With the bus/ferry passes you can go to the Dockyard, Hamilton and St George.. We are going for the 11th time in September..

Sorry, I have to disagree that swimming with dolphins is cruel. We just did it in St. Maarten and the dolphins are treated well and in fact many are alive because they are no longer in "the wild". They live in a natural environment, not a swimming pool and have trained personnel that cater to their every need. We've also done it in Bermuda and found that they were very well cared for. It is an experience of a lifetime, not to be missed.

Is there a website for the Restless Native, and is this the one with Captain Kirk?

I am fairly certain that this is the snorkeling excursions whose captain/owners name is Kirk. I could not find a website but I could find this: Restless Native

Unique tours of Bermuda.

Address: . Somerset Bridge Sandys Parish Bermuda

telephone.gif +441 441 234-1434

We booked Restless Native last September and had a wonderful time. Joan the co owner and spouse took us and gave a great tour and snorkeling day.

We booked this through Celebrity's excursions. I hope you enjoy it.:)

Archived