How to Dress on the RhOS

So, I've read all kinds of opinions on this board about dressing. I am really glad we are going on the Rhapsody because it is said to be the 'friendliest' ship in the fleet. Since we are from the southwest and it is 115 degrees outside, we dress very casual. Anyway, here's my summary. Tell me if I have it right. I know there are lots of strong opinions on this depending on if you are of the 'casual' or 'formal' persuation. Please just let me know, if I prefer to be casual, is this all OK. Thanks!!!

Windjammer breakfast, lunch, or dinner

& Edelweiss breakfast & lunch

shorts ok, jeans ok, jean shorts ok, flip flops ok, tshirts ok

no hats or tank tops for men

Edelweiss dinner - casual night

men - slacks & sport shirt; this can be a collared polo or Hawaiian shirt

women - skirt or capris & nice shirt; sandles & dressy flipflops ok

no 'beachy' flip flops, no shorts, no jeans (or at least frowned on)

Edelweiss dinner - formal night

You've got to be kidding, I'm on vacation.

I would live in shorts, a t-shirt, & flipflops the whole time if I could.

I guess you're skipping formal night! Don't know why--slipping on a dress and a pair of strappy heels isn't all that hard! The rest of your wardrobe looks fine! This is a vacation, so you should be comfortable, but you did book the cruise knowing there were some dress "suggestions"!

Yes, I did know there were some dress "suggestions"! That is why I posted this question. But, as you said, this is a vacation, so I should be comfortable. I'm simply trying to make sure that what I 'think' casual dress means fits w/ what others and RCCL considers casual. I'm asking because I don't want to be the one that's not 'doing the right thing'. As far as slipping on a dress and a pair of strappy heels goes. I have no interest in either of those. Some people enjoy dressing up. I do not. This post was not about whether I should be able to handle formal night. If I had to, I certainly could. But why should I if I would enjoy myself much more eating somewhere else on the ship.

Yes the dress code is just a guide line and I think you will be very happy eating in the casual Windjammer Cafe on all the Smart casual evenings and the Formal nights. Everyone that dines in the main dining room do Dress in formal wear. Suits or tuxes for gents and formal (long or short) for ladies. The speciality resturants are dressy also so if you wish to try those you will want to at least bring something a bit dressy ( coat and Tie , etc for them! hope this helps. :o

Everyone that dines in the main dining room do Dress in formal wear. Suits or tuxes for gents and formal (long or short) for ladies. The speciality resturants are dressy also so if you wish to try those you will want to at least bring something a bit dressy ( coat and Tie , etc for them! hope this helps. :o

Not to be too disagreeable here but not everyone dresses in formal wear. Two of the gentleman at the table next to us wore jeans and nice polo's on formal night. I actually saw several folks dressed this way. Also our waiter(Maximo) told us the night before not to avoid coming to dinner if we didnt' want to go formal it was ok to come without a suit and tie they wouldn't turn anyone away.

There are no specialty restaurants on the Rhapsody so need to worry about that.

Clint

I just returned from a fabulous week on Rhapsody. First, you will LOVE it. Loads of friendly Texans on board (I'm one :p ) Your wardrobe sounds just fine, although I would urge you not to miss the formal nights (Surely you don't want to miss lobster night!? My boys each ate THREE lobsters!!.) You don't have to go all out - a nice dress will do.....really! Even a nice pantsuit. Not everyone will be in tuxes, dark suits and formal gowns or slinky cocktail dresses. Trust me. Also, Rhapsody does not have a Portofinos or Chops. So, unless you eat in the dining room, your only option is the Windjammer (or a hot dog/pizza from the Solarium, which I would not suggest.....unless you're 11 years old :rolleyes: )

Archived