If you're only in Bermuda one day

ILoveScotland

DH and I are sailing on the NCL Dawn out of NYC on August 5th. We'll have only one day in Bermuda. DH uses a walker so walking long distances and participating in active excursions are not options.

With this in mind, what would you do with your day?

Thanks.

DH and I are sailing on the NCL Dawn out of NYC on August 5th. We'll have only one day in Bermuda. DH uses a walker so walking long distances and participating in active excursions are not options.

Thanks.

Bermuda is an island that the best thing about it is the beaches. Snorkling, Bikeing are the big activities. You can get a pass and take the ferry into Hamilton and see the Capital. If you want to say your saw it--- take a horse and buggy ride etc. or you can stay on the ship...being there from 9 to 5 is short and everything can get pretty crowded. It really depends on what you like to do.

It might depend on where you are going to dock. We docked in Hamilton, and did a great snorkeling excursion, They met us right at the ship. It was not a far walk. It is Jessie James...they are on the internet. just e-mail Jilland she'll help you plan it. Also, you can take a taxi from the ship to any beach. the beaches are beautiful!

Denise

We'll be docking at King's Wharf. Even snorkling will be too much for Harry, so I think the beach is out. Right now I'm thinking we'll just take the ferry across to Hamilton and walk around, but I thought maybe someone had other ideas that I hadn't considered.

Nancy, glad to hear you're ready to go again. I've followed the Crown Incident thread on the Princess board and saw your interview on TV. You need to get a new picture for your avatar, because it doesn't do you justice.

We'll be docking at King's Wharf. Even snorkling will be too much for Harry, so I think the beach is out. Right now I'm thinking we'll just take the ferry across to Hamilton and walk around, but I thought maybe someone had other ideas that I hadn't considered.

Nancy, glad to hear you're ready to go again. I've followed the Crown Incident thread on the Princess board and saw your interview on TV. You need to get a new picture for your avatar, because it doesn't do you justice.

Are you on drugs? I thought you were. I looked like a middle age Stay Puff Marshmellow woman in that interview!! LOL!!! Seriously I think I need a facelift. :eek: Thank you tho. Or do you mean the avatar is better looking than me? :D

Thanks.

Since you are on NCL you can particapate in their exclusive dine ashore program. For $5, you get a voucher that entitles you to a $25 credit for lunch at many participating restaurants. You can go to a beach in the morning and use the voucher for a nice lunch.Since your DH uses a walker, my first suggestion is Elbow beach. The Blue Point restaurant is located in the Elbow Beach Hotel and participates in the program. The beach is nice; you could rent a paddleboat and putter around in the water before lunch. Of course there is Horseshoe Bay. The only problem is that there is a steep hill getting to the beach. If you are taking the bus, you can take a private minibus for $1 a trip to the beach. If by taxi, you go right to the beach. On the way back to the dockyard, you can stop in the village of Somerset, very pretty. Salt Rock Grill is another participating restaurant that is located here. It is supposed to have great seafood, with a nice setting overlooking Mangrove Bay. You can also have lunch in 3 restaurants at the dockyard: Pirate's Landing, Freeport Seafood Restaurant and the Frog and Onion Pub. I have eaten at the Frog and Onion, the food and atmosphere was good. After lunch you can stroll through the Clocktower Mall, where they have glass blowing and rumcake factories. If you feel up to it the British Maritime museum is located about 500 feet from the cruise ship. This is an old fort with lots of displays and exhibits, with a large statue of Neptune that is fun to take photos with. Dolphin Quest is also located within, and you can sit on the bench and watch for free.

I think one of the excursions is a Trolley Tour. Personally, I think that St. George's is much more interesting and "romantic" than Hamilton. You can take the ferry from the Dockyards, and then get a taxi tour, if the Trolley Tour is not an available excursion. The ferry ride itself, is very enjoyable, you pass many of the beautiful homes. (I am sure you pass famous people's homes, but you don't know whose they are, but hey, you don't need to pay an extra $20 each to find out.)

Archived