16" Of Gold - Woe Is Me!!

Wear and enjoy your good jewelry, isn't that what you bought it for? My Mother had a tremendous amount of really nice jewelry and instead she wore costume jewelry, keeping the pretty stuff tucked away.

Unfortunately, she died in her 60s and never really got to enjoy it.:(

As for using it for a toilet chain - we might live in England, but we do have modern water closets!!! No chain to pull, just a very genteel chrome handle, which one pushes down when one is finished!!

He is talking about the chain INSIDE the water tank! It is what lets that genteel chrome handle do its job when you push it down at the end of your stay in the room.

If you must buy that gold by the inch stuff, buy it at a local mall kiosk. Then it's easy to take back and exchange. My wife worked at one for a while years ago and she said they spent most of their time on exchanges. Out of a total day 30% sales, 70% exchanges. That stuff comes on like 200' spools. Must really be very cheap to buy as they would be really hurting from all the exchanges otherwise.

Just looked at the interior of the toilet - no chain!!!!!! I suppose its because in the UK we are much more advanced technically. Mind you, the loo is 25 years old!!! Ho ho ho!! Clever clogs -no chain hee hee!!!

Why don't they say you can't shower or swim in it? Why can I do all this with my watch - can't be solid gold for $69.69!!!! Maybe Anne Klein is a very generous lady though! Maybe the watch IS real gold!!

The reason for buying 'junk' is that we do a lot of travelling and if junk gets stolen, its no big deal!!!

My next cruise is on a Princess and I bought this on a Royal Caribbean!! Will have a go though!!! If not, will have to wait till November when we will be on the Voyager.

Anyway, had my 20 bucks -worth just in the amusement from this thread!!! Give and take on a cruise? Yeah, I give money and the cruiseline takes as much extra as possible off me!!!! Even rubbish jewellery. Having said that, I bought a ring a few years ago for $9.95 with a gemstone set in it, and my jeweller said it is a nice stone!!!! He was a little crestfallen when I told him the price I had paid!!!

New cruiser here.... and this may have already been asked... but I didnt bother reading all of the posts...

What is "inch of gold"?

thanks.

It is gold plated chains in different styles, you can have bracelets, necklaces, ankle bracelets or whatever made. You pick out the style of chain you like and you order it and pick it up several hours later. They do this on the ships a day or two per cruise. Be warned it is NOT real gold and doesn't wear very well. If you do end getting something made I have had good luck with putting a clear coat of nail polish over the whole thing. You will see the Inch of Gold advertised in the Compass about when and where they will be set up.

Hi, 1. If you keep your paperwork you can send it back and they will send you a new one.

2. You can exchange on the ship, have done this on same cruise line.

3. Love the idea of using clear nail polish, we try that. I have bought serveral pieces being that a 6 inch wrist is kinda small and most braclets have to be taken in anyway. (what a pain). I usually buy serveral, exchange and by that time, I'm ready to cruise again.:D laura

Archived