'scuse me, will you do my back?

zotzer

I'm the same way with feeling awkward about asking strangers to apply sunblock to my back. I have sensitive skin, in addition very large tattoo on my back (that I'd hate to see damaged due to the sun), and can not use the aerosol spray due to the alcohol content. I found a really good lotion applicator online that works well, and has a long wooden handle, with a soft pad/sponge. It worked very well on my last vacation to San Diego, and I use it here in Colorado too. We usually get a TON of sun in the summer.

I've tried ones with a plastic handle, but they tend to break much easier, and ones with rollerballs, the balls tend to stick.

:cool:

Got back on Sunday from a Mexican Riviera 7-nighter. I applied sunblock on my back by folding a hand towel over into a strip 3 inches wide. I put sunblock in the middle, spreading it around, then put the sticky side across my back and using a polishing motion to apply sunblock to my back. It worked really well. Just thought I'd pass it along.

I'm intrigued by this thread and talk of lotion apllicators. I like to lie out but burn easily so have to wear high factor sunscreen if I'm to avoid burning. Up till now I've just had to lie on my back as I cant reach my back, would never dream of asking a stranger to help and am not confident that with my spray, I'm not missing a bit.

Can anyone who has one of these gadgets please tell me what they are called, so that I can have a look online for one. Unfortunately as I'm in the UK, i can't get to a Wal mart

Archived