Ft lauderdale airport to port

nicschick

Fortunately, we are flying in to FLL and our ship will depart from there as well. What is the latest you recommend arriving at the airport? Has anyone used the transportation offered by Royal Caribbean? Is it timely, will it be crowded?

Agree with KK, don't bother with the cruise shuttle from FLL to Port Everglades. You can actually see the cruise ships from the airport it's that close. Just grab a cab you'll be there in minutes. ;)

My general leeway is give yourself 4 hours from landing to ship, and from ship to takeoff when buying your airplane tickets, more if the airport is far away. Since FLL is so close to Port Everglades, a flight that landed about 1, 1:30 would be fine. But the earliest flight you can get in the better, that way you have time for any delays and actually get to enjoy the ship before sailaway.

baesue here. I agree in part with the 2 prior posts. The pier is very close to the airport and there are plenty of taxis that you can catch at the airport to the pier and this is the best way to go if you're pressed for time. However, if your new to cruising or on a budget, there is nothing wrong with the bus provided by RCCL. At the baggage claim area in the airport, you will see people holding signs for all of the cruise lines. Just find Royal Caribbean (RCCL) and they'll assist you with your luggage to the bus and to the pier. Like I said, if your new to cruising or on a budget, it's an experience that everyone should take because it's all apart of the cruise experience. Boarding does begin around 1:00 for a 5:00 sailing. Otherwise take the taxi and spend the $20 (fare + tips).

Returning from your cruise is another story. I definately disagree with wrp96. I don't think 4 hours is enough time. I would not recommend even attempting a flight until after 1:00 p.m.

baesue

Taxi = quick ... convenient ... less expensive.

Cruise shuttle = waiting for bus to load ... a LOT more expensive if you have a party of 2 or more.

Airport is only a few minutes from the pier ... there are LOTS of taxis that make that run continuously all day. Don't bother with the shuttle. My recommendation is to try to arrive in FLL around late morning / noon. Board ship and rest and enjoy the afternoon onboard.

Archived