Is this Normal?

Spinner101

I just booked a single for a themed cruise on Conquest. I paid for a balcony stateroom on th "upper deck" but the company I booked with says they cannot let me pick the room or area of the ship It wll be assigned to me and I will know about two weeks before I go. Is this normal for singles room. I think I should be at least allowed to have input on where my room is. Especially since I have booked last month and the cruise is in late Jan

I don't think it's normal...but it can happen. You have booked with a group it seems...perhaps the agency has grabbed some cabins but not specific ones...so it does not even know yet what cabin to offer you.

You should have input into where you feel you want your cabin...but because it's a group cruise...the company sponsoring the themed cruise may not offer the flexibility. I don't believe it is the cruise company that is withholding your choices.

For a regular-type cruise....for sure you can choose your cabin from those available. I've never gone on a group cruise so I can't offer any solutions...but maybe someone else can...good luck!

I've been on 2 group cruises, and in both cases we were able to book a certain category, but not a specific cabin. So based on my experience, I would say this is SOP.

Roz

Archived