Highest Graded OceanView Category on Westerdam

Jimbo

What's the highest Graded OceanView Category on Westerdam in Holland America's Eyes.

Thinking of booking a GTY in Hopes of getting a Balcony. I know I know before anyone says it if you want a Balcony Book a Balcony but the Price would be $300 to $400 more, just not sure it justifies that much $$$.

By looking at Most websites Online from different Agencies it Seems the Category DD is priced thre highest but by looking at Holland America's Brochures they show Category C as the highest OceanView Cabin?

Anyone know for sure what Holland America ranks as ther highest?

Thanks

Jimbo:)

The C cabins due to their location are the top of the OV category. ON S and R class the OV cabins excluding handicap are all the same size. Most of them should also be the same size on Vista ships but I've heard of different configurations on Vista and Prinsendam. I'm not sure that C's are available as guarantees.

Depending on your expectations and your itinerary, if you want a veranda cabin, get one. Do your homework though, as some of them do not have the clear plexiglass and you can't see anything if you're sitting down. If you get a lower priced veranda on a lower deck and do not have the view you expect you may be unhappy. I'm pretty sure you're safe with the VA and VB. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

GN

Okay I see there are 26 Category C Cabins on deck 1.........The site I'm looking at has 6 Cabins listed plus the GTY.....It shows 4 regular Category C's plus 2 HandiCap Category C's........Now do they wait to show those Handi-Cap cabins when they are 2 of the last 6 Category C's left or do they show them as available right from the get go?

Sailing isn't until Feb 2007, This sailing is really strange the lowest Balcony Cabin showing right now is a Category SS Superior Verandah Suite. Sotrying for the GTY and getting one of those Categories or Higher would be quite nice Upgrade Fairy !

What I'm trying to figure out is just how Many C's are left and if it's a good time right now to go for the GTY or wait a little bit.

Anyone that has booked a GTY have you gotten your room assignment right away or was it after final payment or not until you get to the pier.

This will be our first Holland America Cruise, just not sure how this cruiseline works.

Jimbo:)

I often sail GtY and have gotten cabin # with docs and had cabins changed upon check-in. I think a lot has to do with the timing of your booking versus sailing and the status of the cruise.

I do not think any of us can know, with certainty, how full a ship is at any point in time, other than obvious and unusual pricing strategies, like a balcony being the same price as an outside. If I am mistaken, other posters will chime in.

I book GTY if there is a meaningful difference between its price point and that of an actual cabin in the lowest grade I am booking in. So my goeal is not an upgrade but rather financial. We have never been upgraded inside to out or outside to balcony or balcony to a suite but I guess it can happen.

Archived