Halloween

uktog

A question from our Roll Call group we think might get answered better on this board. We will be on our at sea phase as we sail from LA to Hawaii on 31 October. Can anyone recall does the day get marked in any way on board? Does anyone wear fancy dress and if so is it simple or elaborate? I am assuming it is not compulsory to be part of the dressing up.

Hi uktog. We were on Mercury last year and they had a Halloween Party on the 31st, our first evening. Lots of costumes and some of the crew got dressed up too. Some elaborate, some very funny (Cathy from our roll call won first prize) and others more subtle. Definitely not compulsory.

Phil

We were on the Century for Halloween last year. Eventhough Hurricane Wilma prevented the Century from getting all her supplies, we still had a great party. People showed up to dinner in costume. We were some of them They had a Captain's Club cocktail party and we got our pictures with the captain. It was a hoot.

We were on the Century for Halloween last year. Eventhough Hurricane Wilma prevented the Century from getting all her supplies, we still had a great party. People showed up to dinner in costume. We were some of them They had a Captain's Club cocktail party and we got our pictures with the captain. It was a hoot.

Thanks Rick and Phil

I think I need to get my Lady Macbeth *other witches are available* little number out for packing. That would be a hoot to be pictured like that with the Captain

Hi uktog. We were on Mercury last year and they had a Halloween Party on the 31st, our first evening.

You might want to note that the picture you see of Phil was his 'in costume' pic from the cruise ! .... <EG> .... :D

Thanks Rick and Phil

I think I need to get my Lady Macbeth *other witches are available* little number out for packing. That would be a hoot to be pictured like that with the Captain

Wife and I were dressed as the Dread Pirate Roberts and Princess Buttercup. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't had my picture taken that much since my wedding day.

Rick

Given your expertise, here in the UK at Halloween if people dress up it is usually as Witches and Warlocks. Is that the same in the USA or should I think about something else? Crikes usually I worry about my shoes matching my evening dress, here I am worrying about my fancy costume. I can of course bring something "dsiposable" over which will mean we have more room for goodies on the way home :)

We were on the Galaxy a couple Halloweens ago and had a blast. Some folks brought elaborate costumes with them, others just watched and had fun at the party. I remember one particularly ingenious girl whose mask was....a mask and snorkel. Relax and enjoy.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Rick

Given your expertise, here in the UK at Halloween if people dress up it is usually as Witches and Warlocks. Is that the same in the USA or should I think about something else? Crikes usually I worry about my shoes matching my evening dress, here I am worrying about my fancy costume. I can of course bring something "dsiposable" over which will mean we have more room for goodies on the way home :)

It's more of an excuse to dress up in anything you want to. There were a few ghosts and ghouls, but also Elvis, a couple dressed up as sumo wrestlers (how did they get the costumes in their case?), Spiderman, Julius Caesar, Ugly Old Bag Lady (the winner). I'm sure Lady Macbeth would be fine. We want pictures, by the way:D

As for my costume, in spite of what tbelian says, I only wore glasses and left the tux for formal night;).

Phil

1721766103_GrouchoAvatar.jpg.b2d8f31e8ce349e273762cd367c74787.jpg

We did the transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in late Oct. 2003 on the Millie. Halloween night, the dress code for the evening was informal or Halloween costume. There were a large number of people wearing costumes and a Halloween party and costume contest was held.

....here in the UK at Halloween if people dress up it is usually as Witches and Warlocks. Is that the same in the USA or should I think about something else?

Halloween costumes can be anything. Hubby and I usually attend Halloween parties at the dance studio we go to. We usually go as a couple and have been the Sandman & Tooth Fairy, Ceasar and Cleopatra, Donald & Daisy Duck, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Maverick & Miss Kitty, Pirate & Wench, Cavalier & Lady. I have seen others dressed as Hershey's kisses, Marilyn Monroe & Charlie Chaplin, clowns, and so forth.

Here is a link to a costume place that can show you what kind of costumes are used:

http://www.buycostumes.com/

Some of these costumes are elaborate but most (the more inexpensive ones) are packaged in one thin bag and are easy enough to get in suitcase without taking up much room or weight.

Archived