Explorer Table for 2 ?

We just got back from the 7/14 sailing. We were placed at a table for 6 and went to the Dining Room right after embarkation and were moved immediately to a table for two. We were in one of the small side dining rooms on deck 3...away from all the action, but we had a great table. Just put something on the reservation and then go change it once you board. There seemed to be plenty of tables for 2 to accomodate those who wanted them on this cruise.

My wife and I sailed on the Voyager of the Seas in May of 2002 for our Honeymoon and we had decided that we only wanted a table for the two of us. It was our first cruise and being our Honeymoon we wanted to have private time together at dinner. Since then though we have found that we like dining at a larger table because you get to meet a lot of wonderful people.

SouthFlCpl

We think it's fun to meet new people and talk about everyone's day! My hubby and I eat together every single night at home. He's wonderful and I enjoy him, but... sometimes it spices things up to talk with others! You have more to talk about later, and it's just plain fun. There were a few tables for 2 on our last cruise--and those poor folks looked so bored! I felt sorry that they weren't having the good time the other tables were having.

We sailed on the Explorer June 2nd. We had requested a table for two and two or three nights before our cruise we got an e-mail from the Concierge (we had an owners suite booked and that is why they e-mailed us I am told) . He asked if there was anything that he could do for us. We e-mailed him back asking him to check on our table for two. He not only confirmed the table for two, but gave us the specifics on where it was. Overlooking the balcony on the middle dining room deck!

As far as those who say that the couples at the tables for two looked bored? I can guarantee you that my husband and I were not bored, not even once! As a matter of fact, we actually had waiters from other tables come up to us and comment about how wonderful it is to see a couple enjoying each others company so much! One waiter even asked me at dinner one night, "why aren't you holding your husbands hand tonight!?" No boredom for us!!!! It was the best!

I also would like to mention. One other time we sailed on the Navigator and sat at a table with another family. It was a disaster. The waiter poured the wrong wine into the wrong glass and the guy from the other family outwardly accused us of "stealing" his wine! Ridiculuous! A huge scene just for a $15 bottle of wine. It was so uncomfortable ...

Of course, if you get folks you just can't get along with, then you should ask to be moved! I guess we've been lucky--all of our tablemates have been lots of fun. Very friendly people that I'm glad we got to know! To each his own!

You don't have to pay extra for a table for two. It's just not on the reservation form, but they have them. The table option for a "small" = 4, but the tables for 2 are there. Ask for it, and check when you get on board. See the maitre 'd if your table assignment isn't correct.

Archived