Kamika .... worst ever.

tripman

Last week, on board the Caribbean Princess, one of the evening entertainment acts was the music/comedy of Kamika. I've been on 4 cruises, that is 28 nights...28 nights of entertainment. Kamika was by far, without question, the worst.

I seriously thought they were just joking when they came out the first time, and that it wasn't the real act. The music was awful. The jokes weren't even close to funny.

Is it just me? Do others think they are terrible? Or did I miss something?

Last week, on board the Caribbean Princess, one of the evening entertainment acts was the music/comedy of Kamika. I've been on 4 cruises, that is 28 nights...28 nights of entertainment. Kamika was by far, without question, the worst.

I seriously thought they were just joking when they came out the first time, and that it wasn't the real act. The music was awful. The jokes weren't even close to funny.

I have to admit...as much as we like Princess, we would love it more if they would upgrade their entertainment on ALL of their ships. We are on the Caribbean Princess at the end of September. Hopefully Kamika will be left behind in FLL. Best entertainment on any line is "Carnival" everyone else is playing for 2nd place.

we saw them on the Sun a couple of years ago and thought they were great.....and still think that they were one of the best acts we have seen on our few cruises since then.

They were "standing room only" every night they played.

sorry that you did not enjoy them

Would I pay to see just them on land? No. On the cruise they seemed just fine. A lot of energy, a small amount of talent, a few laughs. That's all I was looking for, or expected, so I was happy with their show.

I was on the CB last week and I agree with you. I thought the only good show was Troy Thirdgill (comic). Five of the acts were on the CB two years ago when we sailed the Eastern side. You would think Princess would mix up their entertainment for return passangers. The two female lead singers in Piano Man were far worse than Kamika.

I was on the CB last week and I agree with you. I thought the only good show was Troy Thirdgill (comic). Five of the acts were on the CB two years ago when we sailed the Eastern side. You would think Princess would mix up their entertainment for return passangers. The two female lead singers in Piano Man were far worse than Kamika.

Yes, Troy Thirdgill was really good. I also liked the blond hair Beach Boy guy, he had a good show, as did the juggler. The hypnotist was ok. The magician (short blond hair guy) wasn't all that entertaining. His tricks were way too long and drawn out.

But yes, you absolutely correct about the two female singers...it was like a terrible American Idol performance for them for most of it. It was bad when they sang solo, but when they tried to sing together, it was even worse. The two guys weren't much better. The singers on my last Princess cruise (Sapphire Princess in 2004) were much better.

I was not happy with "The Kid"....he introduced himself as "the retarded magic show"....I work with disabled people, and we send them on cruises all the time. I would hate to think that one of them would have heard that. I don't expect totally political correctness....but by now we ought to know that "retarded" is not a word to throw around.

With so many performers essentially playing their laptops these days, I'll take a live performance like Kamika over that any day. I don't think they're the "worst ever" by a long shot.

Then I'll rephrase. In the 4 cruises I have been on, they are the worst of all the entertainment acts I've seen.

Have to agree with you. Have been on Crystal, NCL, Celebrity, RCI, and Princess. Princess entertainment, to our taste, was at the bottom of the list. That said, we are giving Princess another chance in December and am optimistic that it will be better.

I was on the CB last week as well and they were the worst show I'v seen on a cruise, by far. The first night was bad enough, but the last evening was painful. Half the audience left during the show. We couldn't leave because my daughter dropped her cruise card and it slid to the seats in front of us so we had to wait until it was over.....long, boring, hokey show. I thought Troy was good, as well as the other comedian and the hypnotist. At least they kept our attention. Kimika needs an overhaul.

Haven't heard Kamika.......but we had a bad one.......recognized half of his jokes from Readers Digest.

I have to admit...as much as we like Princess, we would love it more if they would upgrade their entertainment on ALL of their ships. We are on the Caribbean Princess at the end of September. Hopefully Kamika will be left behind in FLL. Best entertainment on any line is "Carnival" everyone else is playing for 2nd place.

I have to disagree. I find RCL's entertainment to be top notch.

We had Troy Thirdgill on the Sapphire last November and he was hilarious!! I still quote his "we live in a crack free zone!" Loved him!! But I didn't care for Princesses shows much. I really like Royal Caribbean...they seem to be different on every ship, at least in my limited experience.

Never seen Kamika, but better than Bert Stratton? Can't imagine that, I thought Bert was great. BTW, what ship is he on now? Where did we see him...Golden?Bill

Ha, ha...funny how varied everyone's taste is! Bert totally got on my nerves! :p He's on the Caribbean Princess right now...well at least he was on the July 8th sailing.

Ha, ha...funny how varied everyone's taste is! Bert totally got on my nerves! :p He's on the Caribbean Princess right now...well at least he was on the July 8th sailing.

We were on the Grand Princess last year and Bert was in the Crooners lounge almost every night. All the seats were taken and people were standing around the area just to listen to him. I thought he was great. Very personable. I remarked to my wife that he should have a bigger area to perform in so that people can sit while he is performing. Well, later on in the cruise he did a show in a larger lounge and that was overflowing too.

Roland

We were also on the CB last week, we only went to see Troy (for the second time) we left after Kimika sang a few songs. They really weren't that good. The guy plays a mean guitar but can't sing worth a darn. We loved Steve Morris and Troy - laughed our butts off. The hypnotist was ok, I believe alot of the participants were faking it though. I definitely would pay to go and see Steve or Troy if they came around our area.

Sad to be home - miss all of the wonderful food. Hope all who traveled with us made it back home safely.

Tracy

We were also on the CB last week, we only went to see Troy (for the second time) we left after Kimika sang a few songs. They really weren't that good. The guy plays a mean guitar but can't sing worth a darn. We loved Steve Morris and Troy - laughed our butts off. The hypnotist was ok, I believe alot of the participants were faking it though. I definitely would pay to go and see Steve or Troy if they came around our area.

Sad to be home - miss all of the wonderful food. Hope all who traveled with us made it back home safely.

Tracy

Regarding the hypnotist, I kind of think the same thing, although I'm not sure they were necessarily were faking, but they were just more willing to do what was suggested to them. And those who weren't, maybe they just wanted to know if they could fight it.

But yeah, Steve Morris cracked me up. To me, that is a great act, music, comedy, and he seemed really down to earth. They should have brought him back for the last night and left Kamika in one of the ports.

Regarding the hypnotist, I kind of think the same thing, although I'm not sure they were necessarily were faking, but they were just more willing to do what was suggested to them. And those who weren't, maybe they just wanted to know if they could fight it.

But yeah, Steve Morris cracked me up. To me, that is a great act, music, comedy, and he seemed really down to earth. They should have brought him back for the last night and left Kamika in one of the ports.

The hypnotist made one of the girls cry. He suggested that the man next to her pinched her. Her brother who was in the audience got real upset. She was only 18 and it really bothered her. He removed that from her memory and she was OK.

Did he make them feel like it was really cold, really hot, that they were looking at the hypnotist and his assistant - (Steve Morris?) being naked, bent over, etc.?

Roland

Archived