RCI ~ Pinel Island Snorkel Tour

LuvMyVette

Hello:

DH/I will be on Explorer of the Seas in September and will be in St. Maarten for the day.

I would like to know if anyone has done the "Pinel Island Snorkel Tour" with Royal Caribbean. If so...

1 - Was it worth it?

2 - How much time to you actually have at Pinel Island?

3 - Snorkeling good or bad?

4 - Is snorkel equipment included?

5 - Can we bring our own snorkeling gear?

6 - Pros/Cons of the excursion.

7 - Extra charge for chairs/umbrella/etc.?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I loved it so much I did it twice

1 - Yes it was worth it

2 - You have about 2 hours at Pinel Island which is perfect because after u can go back to the ship and change into dry clothes and eat then go back out to the island and shop and hit the beach bars

3 - Snorkeling was right off the beach and it was ok. The two times I went it was a little choppy but still very fun

4 - Yes

5 - Yes

6 - Pros and con - the island is secluded and uninhabited which means its beautiful but means there is also no running water. So if u have to go to the bathroom you have to bring a bucket of water with u...aka pee in the ocean :rolleyes:

Pro - its like a picture - gorgoeus

Pro - just enough time to enjoy it and not too much to be bored

Pro - there is a great giude who gives you the whole history of the island on the way there in the bus.

Pro - beer is 1 dollar where you transfer from the a.c. bus to the ferry to the island.

Pro - also some shopping there for souveniers

7 - there were chairs and umbrellas available but i dont know the cost since the times i went we just hung out in the water.

When u pull up if you go to the left (after u snorkel of course) all the way to the point there is another like 2x2 mini baby island that looks 40 feet out but u can actually walk to it. The water is only like 3 ft deep but once you get to it have someone take a pic it looks like your standing on water.

zqvol ~ Thank you very much for responding, greatly appreciate your input.

mariapd17 ~ From viewing some pictures, this place is gorgeous! I can see why you went there twice. Thank you very much for answering all of my questions. Is it safe to leave your belongings on the beach and go in the water? One of my biggest fears is having our stuff stolen. We have no intention of drifting off but stay where we can see our items. Also how is this place with babies/kids?

Have a wonderful cruise on Explorer!

Thanks again for your help.

I think they have lockers there ...but i never bring anything other than a towel in a bookbag so i have nothing to steal

I wear swim shorts (chunky legs..lol) with pockets or one of those water wallets around my neck. If you have cash either put it in your pocket and zipper them or pin the pocket closed

Archived