double booked and thinking about a 2008 cruise. am i crazy

musicmansmom

this sept i am off to new englad/canada on the victory for 7 days. then in april i will spend 8 days on the legend for the panama canal cruise ( this will be my first cruise to a warm climate areas ). now i am already thinking about what i want to do in 2008 :eek: . i have been to alaska twice on the carnival spirt and loved it. i am convinced i am a truely ADDICTED cruiser. all kinds of itineraries are going through my mind-- a back to back, a repo and even trying a group cruise. i cruise solo ( which is my choice of cruiseing ) and have to fly to all the ports since i live in the midwest. i am willing to try something new even a different ship than carvival even though i really love them. i get fantastic prices from my ta so i am in a delema on the group cruise cost being the best option for me price wise. please tell me i am normal and not just loosing my mind. my family thinks i am insane, but i think they are '' not normal for not cruising :D .

does anybody have plans for 2008 yet, where are you going and on what ships. i am open to all cruises that are in the works with others for good ideas for myself.

No your not crazy!!!! You just have a serious addition that needs to be taken care of right way by booking another cruise!!:p

I too am looking into my next cruises in 2008. Currently I am trying to convince some family who have never cruised to go with us in Feb. 2008 and we want to try out RCCL, haven't sailed them yet. We are looking at 4 or 5 days cruise for this as they do not want or have the time to do a longer intinerary.

So far this is what I have suggested to htem, we are waiting for their choice.

4 nights

Feb 14th on Celebrity Century, Key West Cozumel

Feb 7th RCCL Navigator of the Seas, Cozumel

5 nights

Feb 4th Century, Key West, GeorgeTown

Feb 11th Navigator, Cozumel , Belize

Feb 10th NCL Jewel of the Seas, Cozumel, George Town

I am hoping they choose the 5 night Navigator, but oh well, will have to see what the family chooses. Hmmm...this is kind of like playing the lottery.

Can't wait for the summer and fall 2008 schedules to come out, next up Princess sometime in 2008.

If you are crazy, I'm insane :p LOL!!! We booked our cruise in October 2 years in advance. We booked our cruise next October many months ago... The cruise in January, has been booked for quite a while as well... And now we are looking at S&S part 4 in October 2008 as soon as we hear what ship will be in New Orleans. It's an addiction for sure!! I'm not happy unless I see bunches of clocks :D LOL!!! Good luck!

im glad i am not alone on this :D . since i have the expense of flying and staying at a hotel the night before ( i always get to the port the day before ) i always book at least a 7 day or more cruise. i feel i get more for my money that way. i would love to live within driving distance of a port so i could take more shorter cruises, but that is not an option for me. i can gurantee you, this winter i will be doing alot of net surfing and doing research on what i want to do in 2008. for me half the fun is the planning. i know i will end up with a great cruise. :)

If you are crazy, I'm insane :p LOL!!! We booked our cruise in October 2 years in advance. We booked our cruise next October many months ago... The cruise in January, has been booked for quite a while as well... And now we are looking at S&S part 4 in October 2008 as soon as we hear what ship will be in New Orleans. It's an addiction for sure!! I'm not happy unless I see bunches of clocks :D LOL!!! Good luck!

Don't forget the one guy in our group who currently has 12 yes 12 cruises booked for 2006 and 2007 and a few more in the hopper.

Not alone - I have one paid for for October, one almost paid for for December, and three booked for next year (a 7 day Alaska and a Legend B2B in December 07) my co-workers think I need a 12 step program since I'm now trying to decide where to go in 2008.............nice to know I'm not alone.

My CVP at Carnival knows I'm nuts, so when-ever there is a change in itineraries or new ports she calls me to see if I'm ready to book another one.

I have to have at least one under deposit before I cruise on my next one. I simply cannot be without "the next one" reserved.

I cruise solo also (also, by choice), live in the northeast, fly down the day before, etc..... Price is the most important consideration for me; I don't really care where the ship is headed - as long as I am on it!

I have cruised many other companies but find Carnival to have the very best rate for a solo traveler who must have a balcony (alright, I'm spoiled).

Good luck, fellow addict, and keep in touch here....:p

Don't forget the one guy in our group who currently has 12 yes 12 cruises booked for 2006 and 2007 and a few more in the hopper.

I think he is getting ready to add 2 more too!!!!!! Now HE is addicted! Gotta love our Zone!!!

........And now we are looking at S&S part 4 in October 2008 as soon as we hear what ship will be in New Orleans.

Hey GC. Just yesterday, I went by a local TA's office and loaded up with brand new big brochures from several cruiselines.

The one they gave me from Carnival, they said they just got in, and it's 2006-2008. I was very surprised to see that they list ONLY the Sensation out of N.O. Doesn't that seem odd to you? I was very disappointed to see that. Guess it will be a wait-and-see game.:rolleyes:

I thought I saw a post earlier today from someone saying they are booked on the Fantasy out of N.O. in October of this year....? Oh, I feel so confused.

Hey GC. Just yesterday, I went by a local TA's office and loaded up with brand new big brochures from several cruiselines.

The one they gave me from Carnival, they said they just got in, and it's 2006-2008. I was very surprised to see that they list ONLY the Sensation out of N.O. Doesn't that seem odd to you? I was very disappointed to see that. Guess it will be a wait-and-see game.:rolleyes:

I thought I saw a post earlier today from someone saying they are booked on the Fantasy out of N.O. in October of this year....? Oh, I feel so confused.

Cotton, I think that is an old one. The Sensation WAS supposed to go out of NOLA starting in October, but they switched it several months ago to the Fantasy because of some issues. Sooooo, I think they just went ahead and printed it... I think we'll see an announcement soon seeing a 7 dayer out of there... i sure hope so!!

Count me in also- We have one booked for December (QM2) and two booked for April (Carinval Triumph and FOS - we will have to cancel one, still having indecision as FOS is $600 more than Triumph) Then another two booked for end of 2007 (RCI Liberty, if we don't do the FOS in April we will do the RCI Liberty in Dec, it's less money) and HAL Westerdam (can't decide between them either) Oh the indecision of it all- but what fun:p

this sept i am off to new englad/canada on the victory for 7 days. then in april i will spend 8 days on the legend for the panama canal cruise ( this will be my first cruise to a warm climate areas ). now i am already thinking about what i want to do in 2008 :eek: . i have been to alaska twice on the carnival spirt and loved it. i am convinced i am a truely ADDICTED cruiser. all kinds of itineraries are going through my mind-- a back to back, a repo and even trying a group cruise. i cruise solo ( which is my choice of cruiseing ) and have to fly to all the ports since i live in the midwest. i am willing to try something new even a different ship than carvival even though i really love them. i get fantastic prices from my ta so i am in a delema on the group cruise cost being the best option for me price wise. please tell me i am normal and not just loosing my mind. my family thinks i am insane, but i think they are '' not normal for not cruising :D .

does anybody have plans for 2008 yet, where are you going and on what ships. i am open to all cruises that are in the works with others for good ideas for myself.

If you're crazy, I want to be crazy too! I'd love any tips on how you find such great rates.:D

We are still paying on a planned cruise for January 2007 on the Spirit, and just couldn't wait any longer to plan 2008...just booked a January 15 day cruise roundtrip to Hawaii on Diamond Princess.......gluttons for punishment, that's what we are :)...Know any good lotto numbers????

Nope you are not crazy at all. My first cruise was in May 2005. Since then I have been on three more and have three more booked. I'm sure there will be a couple of more in 2007. Just haven't figured out where to go yet. :rolleyes:

well, now i know i am not crazy , just jelous as hell that i cant take as many cruises as some of you are. i am getting so pathetic with my plans and research my co-workers are starting to evade me when i start to bring up my cruise. :D they all wish they could be going with me and do hope i have a great time but they wonder if there is anything else for me to talk about . i will keep my eyes open for a great cruise in 2008 and try to nail down at least where i want to go. thanks for all the encouragement that i am not nuts, just normal for us addicts of the sea :)

...and......and.....and........the S&S 3.5 Ricky & Lucy Tour will prolly be on Freedom when we find out where she'll port in the winters.:D

Archived